Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Discoverer S/T's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discoverer S/T's

Slight highway hum at 65+, i've only had them for like an hour now so i can't comment too much but so far i like them. The pictures don't do the tire justice, the tread is alot deeper than it appears.

These are 265/75/16 on a 3in ProComp Lift.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
i have the exact same set up and they're fine. They'll start to hum a bit more the longer you wear them in...but it's not bad.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
They look good! I've read nothing but good reviews on those tires, and I'll probably try them next in 255/85/16
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ran a set of them. Got 40000 out of em, but after the 1st 1/2 of the tread was gone they sucked a$$ in rain+snow and got a LOT louder around 30-45mph (strange IMO). They also load up with mud real easy and leave you spinning. Overall, a decent AT tire, but not very good for those that take their rig off road a lot- they chunked on the rocks pretty bad too.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
That is the same set that came on my 06
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. I've been thinking about getting these. What load range did you get?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
These tires in 265/75/16 come either in a P metric or an LT:

the P metric is a 4 ply standard load rating (2756 max load) Tread Depth 15/32's

the LT comes in either a 6ply (c range 2470 max load) or 10 ply (e range 3415 max load) Tread Depth of 18/32nd's

Being that my truck is a 4cyl and will never see heavy towing i went with the P-metric tire, and it was cheaper....

The P-metric tire was 129.00 (ea) - 566.32 OTD
The LT Tire C load was 158.00
I didn't price the 10 ply because really its too stiff of a tire for our trucks and entirely overkill.

The P-metric tire is actually branded for a SUV application but it'll suit my needs fine. I just hope whoever said that it doesn't clean out the mud good is wrong, or at least it cleans it out alot better than the stock crappy dunlops because they will see the mud...no rocks though.

If you do use tires around the sharp rocks and such the cooper S/T-C is the same tire, just "Cut/Chip resistant"
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #9
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I have copper discoverer ATRs and i have them. I need something more aggresive. Do you have any pics of the tread.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
I have copper discoverer ATRs and i have them. I need something more aggresive. Do you have any pics of the tread.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Nice they look good im still trying to deside on what MTs i want