Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Eagle Alloy Wheels - Good, Bad, Ugly

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Alloy Wheels - Good, Bad, Ugly

Does anyone here run any Eagle Alloy wheels? Are they quality wheels? I am choosing between them and Pro-Comp. Looking for some feedback. Also, does anyone have any experience with painted black wheels in winter climates? Would you treat them the same as chrome wheels and take them off for the winter?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of Eagle Alloys.

Series 146 Polished

I bought my truck used with them on it. My experience is that they seem to be sensitive to balancing issues. Whenever I had them rotated and balanced, I had vibration issues. I wasn't sure what was causing the problem as it would go away with enough rebalancing attempts. Those tires were also slightly cupped, so I'm not sure how that plays into the problem.

I just got a new set of tires last week (Bridgestone Revo 2). After leaving the Firestone shop I noticed they were out of balance at 45 and above. Now extremely frustrated with this issue, I called the local Eagle Alloy rep to discuss hub and lug centric. The result was I bought new extended thread lug nuts to see if that would solve the issue. Nope. Took it back again for rebalance. Still bad. Again a third time and I made sure they used the Haweka (?) adapter to mount them on the balancing machine. The result was that the left front tire was .25 of an ounce off. Now they're smooth like they should be.

I like the wheels and the quality seems to be good. I just wish they were easier to balance, although I think that is more the shop's fault. The local rep was very helpful when I called him about the problems I was having and I'm glad he told me about the correct lug nuts to use.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Loiman20 is on a distinguished road
Loiman20's Tacoma Gallery
I just got some eagle alloy 137's and they are awesome. No problems yet. I also do a lot of winter driving and they seem to be ok
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't trade my Eagle Alloys for nothin. I love em and they are worth every penny!