1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285/75's + TC UCA + Stock OR wheel = rub?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jdtrd, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    jdtrd

jdtrd [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Camburg Coilovers, TC UCA's, Demello hybrid sliders, deaver springs, and ,oh yeah...supercharged!
    Sorry all. I've spent countless hours researching this and just haven't found my answer. My set up; Camburg coilovers(2.5"lift), TC UCA's, 16" offroad wheels. Currently I'm running 255/85/16's WITHOUT spacers and have very little issues rubbing. It mainly occurs when i hit a bump while turning hard. My thoughts are a good alignment could resolve that. Anyway's I'm now interested in going to a 285/75X16 mainly due to lack of options from the 255's. (i like the pizza cutters but need a tire that can handle snow/ice better then my mudders). To get to my question...do I need to run wheel spacers to avoid any other rubbing or does the fact that I have aftermarket UCA's compensate for that necessity? Or can i just throw them on as is and have no issues clearing my uca? I understand a little trimming might be necessary and am prepared to bust out the sawzall.

2. May 2, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I have this set up with stock UCA's. I run 1.25" Spidertrax too. When I had the tires put on at Discount Tire, they refused to touch the Spidertrax so they installed the tires without. My tires, Duratracs with huge side lugs, barely cleared my stock uca's and I was able to drive it home fine to install the Spidertrax. I think Tthe TC uca's which supposedly have more tire clearance would have cleared just fine.

BTW, I highly recommend the Duratracs. I live near Durango, CO and get into plenty of snowy/icy roads. These things stick even better than the BFG TA KO's (considered one of the best) I had on my old truck. The Duratracs are also very aggressive looking and have off road traction right up there in the mudder department. They are a true AT/MT hybrid.

As for the trimming, you'll need to do some inner fender plastic cutting with the Dremel. Nothing too heavy duty. The sawzall would be neeeded for a body mount chop but that was unnecessary for me. My tires have never even touched the body mounts.

3. May 2, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    jdtrd

jdtrd [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Camburg Coilovers, TC UCA's, Demello hybrid sliders, deaver springs, and ,oh yeah...supercharged!
    Appreciate the response. Those Duratrac's do look 'mean' and from the reviews seem capable. I went to college at Ft lewis down there...the San Juans are the reason I stayed in the state.

Products Discussed in

To Top