Notices

Wheel fitting

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
StrongYota22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
StrongYota22's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel fitting

Quick question. I'm almost positive these will fit on my stock tires 265/70/16.

Will they fit when i get my OME 3" lift?

I'm getting size: 16x8 Bolt Pattern 6x4.5 with -13 offset.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
haha thanks for the quick answer. That helps a lot. It doesn't say what the backspacing is on the site (I may be retarted and just can't find it) I know i need 4.5 right?

so my new size is 16x8, 6x5.5 and 0mm offset
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
8" wide rim with -13 offset (your original post) is 4" BS.

8" rim with 0 offset is 4.5" BS

Here is a chart that converts from offset to BS and visa versa. Halfway down the page

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
Old 05-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think that a 4.5" to 5" Backspacing is perfect. That way you have the option to run a bigger tire down the road if you choose
Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I personally think that a 4.5" to 5" Backspacing is perfect. That way you have the option to run a bigger tire down the road if you choose
Thanks guys. Yall truly are the best. And hopefully i'll be able to run 285/75/16 in a month or so whenever i get the cash for them. I'm going to order the ones with 4.5 in backspacing.

Quote:
Be sure the wheels you order are the lug centric type. The hub centric type will not fit properly on a 1st gen.
If it doesn't have the hub centric option and it just says "not hub centric" does that mean they are lug centric?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongYota22 View Post
Thanks guys. Yall truly are the best. And hopefully i'll be able to run 285/75/16 in a month or so whenever i get the cash for them. I'm going to order the ones with 4.5 in backspacing.

If it doesn't have the hub centric option and it just says "not hub centric" does that mean they are lug centric?
Yep if they aren't hub centric, then they are lug-centric by default.