1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATX Teflon Chamber or Pro-comp 7028

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Socalmedic, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    Socalmedic

Socalmedic [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oxnard
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport
    HID headlights, HID fog lights, 5% tint passenger row back, 15% tint driver row, Snugtop Shell, K&N.
    Ok sorry guys, I bet this gets old as far as rim vs. rim. I have a 2010 DC TRD Sport in magnetic gray and im having a hard time choosing between the two. Im also debating between 16" and 17". I know that there is a recent topic on this as well. Im leaning more toward the 16's. I have a friend with a 2006 TRD offroad and he mentioned something about the weights on the inside after balancing were really close to the calipers, anyone have any problems wth this? I also remember seeing a topic a few months back about people having a hard time finding the teflon chamber for the TRD Sports. Are they hub centric or no? Wheels are so frustrating. Nothing worse than going with the wrong ones. Thanks for any help and again sorry for another "cloned" post.:confused:

2. May 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    Def the ATX chambers. Thats what im going to be getting hopefully sometime soon.

3. May 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    Socalmedic

Socalmedic [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oxnard
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport
    HID headlights, HID fog lights, 5% tint passenger row back, 15% tint driver row, Snugtop Shell, K&N.
    I was so set on the ATX then I found the Pro-comp's today. Im really liking the bead lock look. I love the teflon coating, but I hear it scratches easily. And if that looks anything like any of the fry pans that I own, the scratch will stand out quite a bit.

4. May 7, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    They both look good.

Teflon will be easier to clean. It is more of a gray color so do not expect a black wheel.

16 will be better for off road because you will have more tire.

16 will cost less per tire.

17 might look better depending on your taste.

5. May 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Is it true that the center caps on the chambers will not work on our trucks?

6. May 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    NAZ

NAZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD
    Toytec 3in lift American Racing Chambers 16x8 4.5 bs 285/75 BFG All-Terrains A.R.E. Camper Shell Surco Safari Rack Hella 500 hi-lift/shovel some black stuff...
    Get the chambers!!! It will match your magnetic grey perfectly. Not sure about the hub centric whatever....but I have the 16in chambers and they look and work great. No problem with balance weights. As far as the center camps go, im not sure because I never got them or put them on. It looks better without them cause they stick out like 3 inches and it looks stupid.

7. May 21, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    If yours is MGM, Teflons FTW.

Products Discussed in

To Top