Notices

ATX Teflon Chamber or Pro-comp 7028

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Socalmedic is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Socalmedic's Tacoma Gallery
ATX Teflon Chamber or Pro-comp 7028

Ok sorry guys, I bet this gets old as far as rim vs. rim. I have a 2010 DC TRD Sport in magnetic gray and im having a hard time choosing between the two. Im also debating between 16" and 17". I know that there is a recent topic on this as well. Im leaning more toward the 16's. I have a friend with a 2006 TRD offroad and he mentioned something about the weights on the inside after balancing were really close to the calipers, anyone have any problems wth this? I also remember seeing a topic a few months back about people having a hard time finding the teflon chamber for the TRD Sports. Are they hub centric or no? Wheels are so frustrating. Nothing worse than going with the wrong ones. Thanks for any help and again sorry for another "cloned" post.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Socalmedic is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Socalmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I was so set on the ATX then I found the Pro-comp's today. Im really liking the bead lock look. I love the teflon coating, but I hear it scratches easily. And if that looks anything like any of the fry pans that I own, the scratch will stand out quite a bit.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
They both look good.

Teflon will be easier to clean. It is more of a gray color so do not expect a black wheel.

16 will be better for off road because you will have more tire.

16 will cost less per tire.

17 might look better depending on your taste.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
Is it true that the center caps on the chambers will not work on our trucks?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
NAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura aboutNAZ has a spectacular aura about

NAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Get the chambers!!! It will match your magnetic grey perfectly. Not sure about the hub centric whatever....but I have the 16in chambers and they look and work great. No problem with balance weights. As far as the center camps go, im not sure because I never got them or put them on. It looks better without them cause they stick out like 3 inches and it looks stupid.