1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone Destination M/T's ???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Soundwave, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    Soundwave

Soundwave [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    B.C. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport Double Cab 4x4
    OEM Roof rack
    I was wondering if anyone has the Firestone Destination Mud Terrains? And are the any good? I like the look of them, I have read good reviews, and they are priced well. A mud Terrain is overkill for what I need, but I love the look!

2. May 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Only thing I've heard is that the lugs can rip right off. I believe Silverback ran them and that's what happened to him.

3. May 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    i ran a set of those once...

i managed to get just under 45,000 miles on them before i got a hookup on Cooper STTs, and they still had some decent tread left on them... rotated them every 5,000 miles...

but as mentioned above, a couple of the lugs did shred off during offroading, but the Mojave Desert is pretty rocky with a lot of small sharp rocks...

i have tried 4 or 5 different brands of tires and all of them, except for the BFG KM2s, got ripped up quite a bit...

if you are doing a lot of on road driving, you will be fine...

the Destination MTs are pretty quiet and considering they don't have siping, they held up ok in rainy weather... of course, in rainy season, i air down my tires to 30psi from 36.. seems to help grip the wet roads a lil better...

4. May 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    Soundwave

Soundwave [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    B.C. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport Double Cab 4x4
    OEM Roof rack
    Thanks for the feedback! My concern was wet driving as we get wet rainy winters here in B.C. But I think I might be better off with a good A/T tire than an M/T

5. May 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    M/T tires with newer technology and proper maintence are lasting a pretty long time, i got 35,000 outta my mud grapplers which isn't bad for not rotating them very often.

6. May 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    bigabe

bigabe Booney Crasher

Member:
    Nevada County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Rugged Trail, 2017 TRD Pro
    A friend of mine had Destination M/Ts on his Tundra. He hated them. They were insanely loud on the highway, completely useless in the snow (I had to yank his truck out of the snow with my Taco running LTX M/S tires), and they were not nearly as capable in the mud as any other M/T tire he had ever used. He also only got about 25,000 miles out of them.

He just replaced them with Duratracs and couldn't be happier. The Duratracs are quieter on the highway, unstoppable in the snow, and according to him, much more capable in the mud and dirt.

7. May 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    GWL

GWL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    Cole Harbour N.S.
    Vehicle:
    98 4runner 5speed 4x4 :)
    had them on my 4runner, have them on my taco now, and actually ordering another set today :) I have had zero problems with mine including no road noise, and they were only used for mudding so no rocks to rip lugs off. We get alot of snow in canada and they worked fine for me(can be studded). Treadwear has been excellent and they look awesome!

Products Discussed in

To Top