Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Firestone Destination M/T's ???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination M/T's ???

I was wondering if anyone has the Firestone Destination Mud Terrains? And are the any good? I like the look of them, I have read good reviews, and they are priced well. A mud Terrain is overkill for what I need, but I love the look!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I've heard is that the lugs can rip right off. I believe Silverback ran them and that's what happened to him.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i ran a set of those once...

i managed to get just under 45,000 miles on them before i got a hookup on Cooper STTs, and they still had some decent tread left on them... rotated them every 5,000 miles...

but as mentioned above, a couple of the lugs did shred off during offroading, but the Mojave Desert is pretty rocky with a lot of small sharp rocks...

i have tried 4 or 5 different brands of tires and all of them, except for the BFG KM2s, got ripped up quite a bit...

if you are doing a lot of on road driving, you will be fine...

the Destination MTs are pretty quiet and considering they don't have siping, they held up ok in rainy weather... of course, in rainy season, i air down my tires to 30psi from 36.. seems to help grip the wet roads a lil better...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback! My concern was wet driving as we get wet rainy winters here in B.C. But I think I might be better off with a good A/T tire than an M/T
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
M/T tires with newer technology and proper maintence are lasting a pretty long time, i got 35,000 outta my mud grapplers which isn't bad for not rotating them very often.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Booney Crasher
bigabe is on a distinguished road
bigabe's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine had Destination M/Ts on his Tundra. He hated them. They were insanely loud on the highway, completely useless in the snow (I had to yank his truck out of the snow with my Taco running LTX M/S tires), and they were not nearly as capable in the mud as any other M/T tire he had ever used. He also only got about 25,000 miles out of them.

He just replaced them with Duratracs and couldn't be happier. The Duratracs are quieter on the highway, unstoppable in the snow, and according to him, much more capable in the mud and dirt.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
had them on my 4runner, have them on my taco now, and actually ordering another set today I have had zero problems with mine including no road noise, and they were only used for mudding so no rocks to rip lugs off. We get alot of snow in canada and they worked fine for me(can be studded). Treadwear has been excellent and they look awesome!