Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Have no clue about wheels.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
blackonwhite is on a distinguished road
blackonwhite's Tacoma Gallery
Have no clue about wheels.

Ok. i HAVE to buy a new set of wheels. I just bought new tires like a week ago and just found out one of my wheels is cracked. I would like to use the new tires on what ever i get. The tire size is 215/65 R17. How do i know what size wheels i need to use these tires. obviously 17 inch. but what about width and other specs.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure any 17" rim will do. Most seem to be any where from 8" to 9" wide, which will fit any 17 in tire.

Just be wary of offsets. The smaller the offset number, the further out it'll stick. For instance, if you have a stock offset of 15 mm, and the offset of your new wheel is 0 mm, it'll stick out further. Likewise, if its a -12 mm offset it'll stick out further. If the new offset is 22 mm, it'll be slightly further inside the wheel well. Of course, sticking further out, or further in is fine, it all depends on personal preference.

Sweet, you now have an excuse to get new wheels!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Any 17 will not do. Pay attention to the backspacing, but also the lug pattern. Do you have a 6 lugger or a 5 lugger? I'm sure you can find the exact pattern somewhere on this site, but check and re-check that your choice will fit. People have cheap stock rims for sale on here all the time.

EDIT: Just looked at your gallery, make sure you're only looking at 5-lug rims
Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehab View Post
Any 17 will not do. Pay attention to the backspacing, but also the lug pattern. Do you have a 6 lugger or a 5 lugger? I'm sure you can find the exact pattern somewhere on this site, but check and re-check that your choice will fit. People have cheap stock rims for sale on here all the time.

EDIT: Just looked at your gallery, make sure you're only looking at 5-lug rims
Right.....forgot to mention about the backspacing and lug pattern. Thought that went without saying.