Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

getting 285/75/16 what uca? will i need a wheel spacer?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Quast is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
Quast's Tacoma Gallery
getting 285/75/16 what uca? will i need a wheel spacer?

i just installed my OME 3'' lift and need new tires. i really want to get the 285/75/16 duratracs but after reading around it seems like they would rub stock uca's so i went to the local tire shop and asked them to test one on to see. well it was close i could fit my finger in there thats a bout it. sooo i figure i may as well get new uca's cause when i installed my lift i punctured both of the ball joint boots with the tie rod fork lol just wondering who has done something similar to their first gen and if they needed wheel spacers if so what size would you recommend? Ive been thinking LR uca's but wondering about ppls experience with them.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Alot people like the LR UCA's, but you will def. need either wheel spacer's or new wheels with a 4" backspacing. spidertrax spacers are the best.

The LR's are still a ball-joint and the LR's are mainly for correcting allignment after lifting. And you wont get the full articulation you would get from a Uni-ball UCA like TC's or Camburg. But If you dont off road alot, then I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #3

Quast's Tacoma Gallery
alright that helps thanks but i think to avoid any major issues i might just go with 265 cause at the moment i have stock ucas and i wouldnt get the spacers for a while you wouldnt happen to know anyone with a similar truck with pics of how that would look would you ?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
You can run the 285's for a little while, you wont rub the UCA's to bad, but it will be close. Def. get your spacer's asap so your not destroying your tires by rubbing on your Frame and UCA's.

You mainly rub on your UCA's when your flexing and turning, like when you pull into a parking lot or driveway.

Dont go with 265's!! It doesnt look that great. Kinda goofy.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I havnt had any trouble rubbing on the UCA, but if you have the cash definantly grab a set. Im going to as soon as the $$ comes together
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
But you got after market wheels right Dylan?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #7

Quast's Tacoma Gallery
alright so what size of spacer should i go with you think? and the tires are 10 ply is that a bad thing is it going to make mpg even worse?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quast View Post
alright so what size of spacer should i go with you think? And the tires are 10 ply is that a bad thing is it going to make mpg even worse?
1 1/2"