Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

305/65/17

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
305/65/17

other than prerunnerseth who has 305/65/17 tires...

if so does anyone have any problems with rubbing ... more than with 285/70/17?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure who else has them, but I think Secretsquirrel has 305/70/16's which should be basically the same. I dont see it being much of a problem to run them as its basically a 33x12.50.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
I run that size and they only rub a little when turned to full lock, a little trimming will cure that
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about when you wheel? ^
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Sub.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 305-65-17. I just had to trim a little bit of the black plastic under the wheel well. No grinding of body mounts. As far as wheeling, I haven't done anything crazy but what I have done there hasn't been any issues.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
thelittledoos is on a distinguished road
thelittledoos's Tacoma Gallery
I have them too. No rubbing except on the front plastic in the wheel well. Clears the cab mounts and controls arms. Mine are on Moto Metal 17x9'S.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #9
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to have a lift to run that size tire, if so what size and which one is recommened
Old 05-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #10
thelittledoos is on a distinguished road
thelittledoos's Tacoma Gallery
Must have a lift. I have a three inch OME.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
check MxPatriot he has but then again he has the allpro long travel kit... they look bad ass...
yeah I saw that... but I'm not LT
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #14
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
nope
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man they're gonna rub a little. You'll need to do a lot of trimming on the fender flares and maybe take a grinder to your body mount depending on what lift and wheels you have.

I'm having the problem of really smashing my fender flares when the suspension cycles all the way to the top. I'm going to need to go to fiberglass soon. My fender flares are zip tied on...
Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
^good to know... I don't know PRS runs them but say he doesn't rub and he has a spacer 3" lift

I'm gonna go look into a cab mount chop...
Old 05-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #18
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
They will most likely rub on your body mount at full turn or offroading.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i got my cab mounts chopped a few months ago...only set me back 90 bucks. I'M GONNA RUN 295/75/16S...I probably didn't have to have them chopped but i figured wth.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:15 AM   #20
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
did you box them in?