Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will this setup be illegal/get me pulled over??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
will this setup be illegal/get me pulled over??

went down to the shop that usually does stuff to my taco and i have been looking at new wheels and tires. i am looking into a 15x8 or 16x8 d window wheel with 4in backspacing so on my first gen it will stick out 1.5 inches more than stock. the guy said that will be too much and i can be pulled over for that. I have the SR5 model so i have the larger fender flares so it seems like that would help me out more.

just wondering if any one else on here has had problems with that set up?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Doesn't sound too much like a problem to me.
X2. I think you should be fine. I know some states they can pull you over for having your tires pass your fenders but I have yet to hear of that happening to anyone. I think you should be okay bud.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are like 2 inches out of the fenders so I think you should be fine.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea it seemed a little ridiculous to me since i do have the larger fender flares, but i wasn't going to try to argue about something that's not my job and plus he's a good guy. Nice enough to order in a 15 and a 16 to check how well each will fit and then go from there with sizes and tires
Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
in Cali. maybe, but in West by God Virginia you should be ok, mine stick out like a inch stock and never had a problem i was looking at wheels in that size and the guys told it would stick out but i like the way it looks, difference between the four inch and the 3.75 backspacing i saw would not hardly be noticable
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Toyotabogger View Post
in Cali. maybe, but in West by God Virginia you should be ok, mine stick out like a inch stock and never had a problem i was looking at wheels in that size and the guys told it would stick out but i like the way it looks, difference between the four inch and the 3.75 backspacing i saw would not hardly be noticable
well i'm done with school now so i'm back in good ol PA but the law is the same not past the fenders but like i said before it will only be 1.5 inches out more than stock so it should pretty much meet the fenders then
Old 05-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the cops mood. They could pull you over or you may not pass your next inspection.