Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Quick Question if New Tires will fit. Thanks

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Quick Question if New Tires will fit. Thanks

Well I plan on getting some new wheels and tires soon. I hope to get some 285/70/17 Duratrac's and for wheels they are Raceline Renegades with 5 BS and 0 MM offset. I will be putting some 5100's up front set at 2.5 for now (until I go LT) and then I have the rear TSB done. I know that I will have to do some trimming but will I also have to get new UCA's or wheel spacers for them? Thanks alot.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
New UCA's are recommended for anything over about 2"... Read This thread. It will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...need-know.html
Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
wheelinAZ
cheffboy3030 is on a distinguished road

Name: Richie
cheffboy3030's Tacoma Gallery
no spacers needed

New uca's are reccomended but idk if they're necessary. The spacers won't be necessary at all because the tires your wanting to purchase are only about 0.8 inches wider than your stock tires and with the rims your getting they'll sit out much wider because stock Toyota rims are always positive offsets. And with your lift you should have plenty of clearance as far as height is concerned. No spacers needed but they would give a wider wheel base, if you do end up getting spacers I would reccomend new studs as well.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheffboy3030 View Post
New uca's are reccomended but idk if they're necessary. The spacers won't be necessary at all because the tires your wanting to purchase are only about 0.8 inches wider than your stock tires and with the rims your getting they'll sit out much wider because stock Toyota rims are always positive offsets. And with your lift you should have plenty of clearance as far as height is concerned. No spacers needed but they would give a wider wheel base, if you do end up getting spacers I would reccomend new studs as well.
x2

If your wheels are 5" BS than you'll be fine, you won't rub on your UCAs or anything like that. But some trimming will have to be done inside the fender but its no biggie
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I would save up for LT since thats your future so don't be wasting more cash on a lift when you plan for LT.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Ya well that is what im going to be doing. But I just want some bigger tires for now and some guys is going to sell me his 5100's for only $80 so I cant really go wrong with that.