1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

national backorder Toyo tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by groundpounder17, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    groundpounder17

groundpounder17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl Cab 4x4 OR 6 spd
    Hi everyone,

I've been trying to order new tires for about a month and a half now but have had no luck. I've been trying to find the toyo m/t or m55 in 255/85r16 but everyone is on backorder with no ETA of their next shipment. I actually called toyo and they told me that they have no idea when they will get any more tires in the U.S. She said they were on national backorder. I have heard that the new Obama 30% tax hike on tire imports is causing some problems for the company. I then started looking for some KM2's in that size but it's on backorder as well. Does anyone know anything or happen to know of someone that might have them in stock? Anyone have a good guess as to when they could arrive stateside?

2. May 15, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Offroad PreRunner 3.4L V6
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    You're right, the tax on imported tires went up a lot, my shop has a hard time getting tires from our distributor because of this. Because of this a lot of tire companies are relocating to the U.S. which takes a while considering all the molds for the tires and all the heavy machinery that needs to be moved.

Products Discussed in

To Top