Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Getting tires soon. Need help choosing between 2. Thanks

View Poll Results: Which one is best over all?
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 62 45.26%
BFG All Terrains TA KO 75 54.74%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Getting tires soon. Need help choosing between 2. Thanks

Well I know that there are plenty of threads out there talking about these 2 tires. Im going to be getting some new tires soon. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Im torn between the BFG All Terrains and the Goodyear Duratracs. I've read great stuff about both. I've ran a set of the BFG AT's on my ranger and they did me good. But I thought that I had my mind set on the Goodyears but as I was looking through threads tonight I started seeing more and more trucks with BFG's. Im going to be doing like 70% on road and 30% off road. But when I do go off roading though I like to do some serious off roading. Ill also be doing some slow paced trails but not as much as faster paced stuff. I wont be seeing too much snow but I will see some mud every once in awhile. All your help is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Oh and they are going to be 285/70/17. Thanks

William
Old 05-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #2
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I am getting the Duratracs when I upgrade. I heard nothing but good things about them. They are cheaper. Tread is more aggressive, come C rated. You can get 100 off at http://treadlightly.org/
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #3
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks alot Tri. I remember you saying something about tread lightly. I've also been talkin to your buddy at discount tires and he'll be able to hook it up with a good price. He actually changed locations.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing at treadlightly.com
Old 05-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Thanks alot Tri. I remember you saying something about tread lightly. I've also been talkin to your buddy at discount tires and he'll be able to hook it up with a good price. He actually changed locations.
Really...where is he at now? I was just there like 2 weeks ago to rotate my tires. Brad's a cool guy.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
That works, thanks.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #9
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Really...where is he at now? I was just there like 2 weeks ago to rotate my tires. Brad's a cool guy.
He's over at the one by Miramar
Old 05-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #10

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's over at the one by Miramar
Well that is close to my work then. But I guess just getting it rotated and balanced I can still go to Encinitas which is down the street from me...

Too bad you can't make the Lakes meet. Gonna be fun.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
Awesome Member

I know man. Tell me about it. I totally got screwed and got duty. I wanted to go so badly. I def have to go to the next one whenever and where ever it is. I cant wait to take my truck out.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #12

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I think that you will be fine with either tire. The BFGs will likely ride a bit stiffer due to the higher load range and may not flex as well on the trail, but they are tough as nails. The Goodyears have been reviewed well and may be a bit more forgiving and flexible, they look pretty good too, with that agressive sidewall.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
Awesome Member

I know man. I've read great things about both. But I have had great experiences with the BFG's. Im not sure if I wanna try something new though.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #14

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know man. Tell me about it. I totally got screwed and got duty. I wanted to go so badly. I def have to go to the next one whenever and where ever it is. I cant wait to take my truck out.
I am headed out with some FJs this weekend too. Can't wait for that.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #16
waynesworld will become famous soon enoughwaynesworld will become famous soon enough
Name: wayne
waynesworld's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with the bfg at they will last longer ,i have a a set of bfg at on my 89 toyota 4x4 with 7000 miles on them still look brand new.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
i vote duratracs, any review ive read says great things about them. mud or snow theyre apparently great. love the aggresive sidewall tread on them to. i think thatll be my next tire.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
Fletcher007 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hollywood
Fletcher007's Tacoma Gallery
them a/t's are slicker then cat shit off a hot tin roof worthless for serious off roading. do yourself a favor save a lot of money on that marine corps salary and get a set of hankook mt's. an amazing price for a good mud tire that rides like an all terrain.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Duratracs. I got mine about three weeks ago and I love them!