Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

offset ok?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
offset ok?

ok im stock right now 2008 4x4 tacoma off road dc found a killer deal on some moto metal 955 here the speac.16x8
offset=0mm
hub bore =106mm
back space =4.5
worried about the offset if anyone could help me out appricate it
Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I have almost those exact rims ( Moto Metal 951, in black) sitting on my porch right now waiting to be installed.
They are also 0 offset and 4.5" backspace.
Why aren't they installed yet, you ask? Well, I did all the research, and with the help of some very helpful members here, my mind was set at ease that these would fit my stock 2010 Access Cab 4x4 just fine.
The only thing I didn't realize is that these have rather small lug nut holes, so I am waiting for what is called a "WHEEL PROS BLACK SPLINE LUG
NUT KIT" which includes narrower lug nuts and a special tool to fit into the narrower holes.
I got the kit, and the rims from 4wheelonline.com
The nut kit was $50 (PART # W56015SB)
The rims were $109 each
Free shipping for everything. That's amazing really, since the rims were a 120 pound shipment!
The local tire shop is going to install for $13.50 each, so the whole deal, wheels, lug nut kit, shipping and installation is going to be just under $550...I'm very happy with that.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
I have almost those exact rims ( Moto Metal 951, in black) sitting on my porch right now waiting to be installed.
They are also 0 offset and 4.5" backspace.
Why aren't they installed yet, you ask? Well, I did all the research, and with the help of some very helpful members here, my mind was set at ease that these would fit my stock 2010 Access Cab 4x4 just fine.
The only thing I didn't realize is that these have rather small lug nut holes, so I am waiting for what is called a "WHEEL PROS BLACK SPLINE LUG
NUT KIT" which includes narrower lug nuts and a special tool to fit into the narrower holes.
I got the kit, and the rims from 4wheelonline.com
The nut kit was $50 (PART # W56015SB)
The rims were $109 each
Free shipping for everything. That's amazing really, since the rims were a 120 pound shipment!
The local tire shop is going to install for $13.50 each, so the whole deal, wheels, lug nut kit, shipping and installation is going to be just under $550...I'm very happy with that.
thats the same place im going to order from
Old 05-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
hay aerocooper do you think a 13/16 socket would fit in the hole i have a nice set of lug i bought fromwheeler offroad thats tapered and sleeved fits my helo maxx 8 good
Old 05-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #7
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I just took a chrome 13/16 socket out and tried it, but it was not even close to fitting in the hole...sorry.
But to clarify, I have the 951s, not the 955s, so maybe your's will be ok.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
I have a thin wall 13/16 that i hope will work with the 955