Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can't find local takeoffs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
snudley is on a distinguished road
snudley's Tacoma Gallery
Can't find local takeoffs

I thought I was being smart by not financing alloy wheels for my new Prerunner. Little did I know what a time-suck it was going to be finding them later.

Not only are they almost not to be found, they cost a hell of a lot more than if I had bought them from the dealer outright. I've got a connection for good deals at one of the big chain tire stores, but they can't get factory rims, only after market stuff which I don't feel look as good.

Other than flea-bay, how do you track down takeoff rims locally? Craigslist is empty. I'm in Austin, Tx. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I was just in Austin, TX last month too bad I flew there instead of driving my Tacoma, I would have sold you my TRD Sport wheels. Not sure if you were looking for those. Anyways I'm sure you can keep checking the Buy / Sell / Trade for some OEMs. Texas people help him out?

- Rich
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
People sell their factory rims all the time on here soo just wait and hope one is close to you
Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
I've seen them on austin craigslist for way cheaper than that.

How long have you been looking? They come up on austin craigslist at least once a month. Check houston and San antonio craigslist too.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
snudley is on a distinguished road
snudley's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you been looking? They come up on austin craigslist at least once a month. Check houston and San antonio craigslist too.[/quote]

I've only been looking for a few weeks. There was a nice set on Craigslist for 200 bucks that disappeared instantly. Other than that, it seems to be slim pickens.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest way to check craigs list is to use http://www.craiglook.com/

You'll be able to do a mass search for whatever distance you enter that way if your good with driving you can find a set.