Notices

Can you put 17's on a stock regular cab 4X4

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Drogers is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
Drogers's Tacoma Gallery
Can you put 17's on a stock regular cab 4X4

Can you put 17's on a stock regular cab 4X4?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
yup
Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
^^ yup, it's the tire size u'll need to worry about
Old 05-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
^^ yup, it's the tire size u'll need to worry about
and as far as that goes, you can go up to 265/70/17 on stock suspension without rubbing.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #5

Drogers's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, this is helpful. Do you see any benefit in doing this as far as off roading goes? It certainly will look better.

Also, will this decrease my gas mileage considerably?

Thanks, a lot!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogers View Post
Thanks, this is helpful. Do you see any benefit in doing this as far as off roading goes? It certainly will look better.

Also, will this decrease my gas mileage considerably?

Thanks, a lot!
For offroading, the 17's would be slightly less desirable than 16's, because there would be more rim and less sidewall.

If you are staying with he same tire diameter, the new wheels will have very little effect on gas mileage, unless they are considerably heavier than stock.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #7

Drogers's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot man. Would you just stick with 16's if you were in my shoes?

Can you recommend a good tire to use? I do some beach and trail off roading. Maybe once or twice/week.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #8

Drogers's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at these ATX Chamber wheels. I think they would look sweet on my magnetic grey reg cab. They seem like a good quality wheel too. They are 16X9's.

The recommended tire size for that wheel is 265/70 R16. Do you think I'll have any rub problems with this set up? Do you know anything about ATX?

I appreciate your insight and helping me out.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was looking at these ATX Chamber wheels. I think they would look sweet on my magnetic grey reg cab. They seem like a good quality wheel too. They are 16X9's.

The recommended tire size for that wheel is 265/70 R16. Do you think I'll have any rub problems with this set up? Do you know anything about ATX?

I appreciate your insight and helping me out.

265/70/16 is the same size as stock. you can get away with up to 265/75/16 without any issues.

I am happy with the tires I have, Hankook Dynapro ATMs, but there are other good tires out there.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, I thought stock was 245/75-16?
the stock TRD OR stock is 265/70/16 and Sport is 265/65/17. some of the regular SR5s are 245/75/16.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #12

Drogers's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I see. I have Sr5. Looks like it has good clearance and space to house 265/70 R16. What do you think?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I see. I have Sr5. Looks like it has good clearance and space to house 265/70 R16. What do you think?
They will fit fine, what the other guy was saying was you can fit 265/75/16 with out rubbing issues, that's what I would go with if I was in your shoes.