Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

You decide, Are my wheels??????????????????????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
You decide, Are my wheels??????????????????????

Like the title says, You decide are my wheels ugly? I kinda have mixed emotions about them. If I were to get rid of them, Id prob. get the TRD off road wheels. Or just some black rock crawler.

I don't know, I need help in my decision.

Here are some pics.

This is when I first painted them in January.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
they look ok but a little wimpy haha
Old 05-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
There not to bad but I would go with the OR's or the rock crawlers like you said.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Be honest here...LOL Im sorta not digging them...
Old 05-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Okay fine.....get some other ones!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
groundpounder17 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, 1/7 Alpha Co.
groundpounder17's Tacoma Gallery
I think they look fine. I do like the look of the TRD OR wheels better but not enough to spend the extra ~$500. Unless you can get a steal on those wheels I'd invest my money elsewhere. You live in Texas so I assume you offroad some so why not buy some sliders or skid plates? Just my .02
Good looking truck btw
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Not a fan.

Truthfully though, i have seen very few trucks with black rims that i didn't think would look better (in most cases much better) with alloy (polished aluminum) or in a few cases, some of the less 'blingy' chrome ones.

Many of the black rims i see scream 'I'm between jobs'.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder17 View Post
I think they look fine. I do like the look of the TRD OR wheels better but not enough to spend the extra ~$500. Unless you can get a steal on those wheels I'd invest my money elsewhere. You live in Texas so I assume you offroad some so why not buy some sliders or skid plates? Just my .02
Good looking truck btw
Thanks man, Yes this truck is off roaded quite a bit, Yes sliders would be nice, Im just waiting on a deal on some. But Im gonna hopefully get atleast $150-200 or these rims if I sell them.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Aight...
Old 05-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Personally i never really liked them. The design reminds me of a minivan for some reason.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They are way better than the chrome that they started out as.

I sold mine within weeks of buying the truck, but they don't look too bad rattlecanned like yours are.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
They are way better than the chrome that they started out as.

I sold mine within weeks of buying the truck, but they don't look too bad rattlecanned like yours are.
True...I should of just sold them when I had the chance.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #16
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
ugly.. but then again, i dont like Black wheels
Old 05-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
ScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Scott
ScottyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of black wheels. They look awesome on a few trucks, the rest of the time they look cheap. I still have stock with painted center caps cause I'm cheap.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
You should replace those with the ones in my sig asap!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
You should replace those with the ones in my sig asap!
LOL i'd love to have those...How much for shipping to 77506