Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will fj wheels bolt right on tacoma 05

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
josep is on a distinguished road
josep's Tacoma Gallery
Will fj wheels bolt right on tacoma 05

Newbie, Thinking of putting on gunmetal FJ wheels on my 05 taco, will they bolt right on?? Thanks, Joe
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
yes
^^

What asshat said.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
yes
+1, you are good to go.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
This may matter,

in order to put my FJ rims on my new truck, different tire pressure sensors had to be fitted, as the ones on my '10 were not compatible. However, I once had an '05 and didn't have any kind of pressure monitoring system, just thought I'd mention it
Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
josep is on a distinguished road
josep's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the quick response, J
Old 05-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
What if the FJ wheels already have sensors on them? Would you still have to adjust them?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGRG View Post
What if the FJ wheels already have sensors on them? Would you still have to adjust them?
The dealer would have to program your truck to read the different sensors.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
This may matter,

in order to put my FJ rims on my new truck, different tire pressure sensors had to be fitted, as the ones on my '10 were not compatible. However, I once had an '05 and didn't have any kind of pressure monitoring system, just thought I'd mention it
which FJ rims did you get? my 2010 sensors went on no problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The dealer would have to program your truck to read the different sensors.
I've got the stock alloy FJ rims, not the TRD