Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

08 Tacoma DC TRD

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Rufus08TRD is on a distinguished road
Rufus08TRD's Tacoma Gallery
08 Tacoma DC TRD

Looking at a 2" lift and need to know what size tires to get...have heard 285/75/16 will work w/o any issues...but i want to make sure before i purchase...can anyone clear this up for mer?
Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you can clear 33" with a 2" lift. I'm pretty sure it has to be 2.5"s or higher. You will also have to do some minor trimming on the front fenders.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I dont think you can clear 33" with a 2" lift. I'm pretty sure it has to be 2.5"s or higher. You will also have to do some minor trimming on the front fenders.
x2

With my 3" had to remove front mud flaps and trim to fit 33's
Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Rufus08TRD is on a distinguished road
Rufus08TRD's Tacoma Gallery
08 tacoma DC trd

okay thanks for the help...with a 2' lift what is the biggest tire size i can go w/o have to do any fender modifications?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
I had 285's with a 2.5" leveling kit and the height of the tire was fine , just the width- it will scrub your upper control arm , when you turn sharp , I have 265's on now. I've seen someone on here running 275's and they looked good
Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation 285/75/16's

Should not rum control arms if you get the rights BS, and Offset.

I was running same set up tires w/DC-1 16x8's, and the only rubbing issues I had were with mudflaps and minor contact with plastic in and around the wheel well. Oh, and that was with a 2.25" Readylift spacer. Now have the billies set at 2.5" and clearance is perfect.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Am I missing something? As I understand it lift has nthing to do with clearance. The tires fit the same with any or no lift. The wheels move in the same arc. Same upper ond lower points... the lift just makes the static position lower on your arms. You can still ahve the same rub issues with a lift under compression when turning. The only things that change are different rims or upper control arm... at least up front.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Am I missing something? As I understand it lift has nthing to do with clearance. The tires fit the same with any or no lift. The wheels move in the same arc. Same upper ond lower points... the lift just makes the static position lower on your arms. You can still ahve the same rub issues with a lift under compression when turning. The only things that change are different rims or upper control arm... at least up front.
Correct for the most part. A lift in combo with moving bump stops is what stops rubbing. But for most people a lift is all they need.