Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

dura trac's or terra grapplers?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
dura trac's or terra grapplers?

Hello, was all set to order some goodyear duratrac's for my gen 2 but the helpfull tire salesman told me to avoid the duratracs. Claimed they had had issues with them. Anyone else have any issues?
I have been running the nitto tera grapplers and have been pretty happy but wanted to try a mt. Ok quick edit, I should include the bfg ko's to the list
Anyone want to help push me either way?
Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
1 vote for Goodyear Duratrac's. Way more aggressive looking than the Terra Grapplers imo. I've had mine on for about 10-11 months now and they have been holding up good. They will hum a little more than the Nitto's.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery

Duratrac
Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Nitto TGs right now and they are a very durable tire. I'm going on 50+k miles and they got a good amount left.

The only thing is I've grown to dislike the look. The duratracs look way meaner
Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
mickey thompson atz's or mtz's
Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with what works. I believe the TG are cheaper than Goodyears?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
I have the Nitto TGs right now and they are a very durable tire. I'm going on 50+k miles and they got a good amount left.

The only thing is I've grown to dislike the look. The duratracs look way meaner
Yeah I have the nitto's now and they have 60k on um! theyare a great tire but I have thought about a mt and like the durateck but the tire salesmen kinda made me second guess myself.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I don't think I'm going to get that kind of mileage out of my Duratracs, but I knew that ahead of time. The Mickey Thompson atz looked good too but are pricey as well.

I paid 820 installed for my 285/70/17 duratracs
Old 05-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are great for highway or offroad,From what I hear full size truck owners have issues with them.A great tire for C rating
Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Ya I don't think I'm going to get that kind of mileage out of my Duratracs, but I knew that ahead of time. The Mickey Thompson atz looked good too but are pricey as well.

I paid 820 installed for my 285/70/17 duratracs
yeah mine were up there price wise but I think they're worth it.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Mine are great for highway or offroad,From what I hear full size truck owners have issues with them.A great tire for C rating

They have an E rated tire too...
Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #14

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
What did the salesman say?? WHat is his reason to avoid them.
said people were coming back with 10 k and had burned through more than half the tire, 3 people on that, also said I would loose 3 mpg?
Really 3mpg? one I could see 1 but 3???
Old 05-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
said people were coming back with 10 k and had burned through more than half the tire, 3 people on that, also said I would loose 3 mpg?
Doubtful. Maybe with mud's. I thave Nitto TC's and like them. I dont know about 50k+ miles (I went through a set in 40) but they're nice. They are a little softer so they hook up good offroad. Not very loud on the highway either.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:

That is weird. I will ask my Discount guy to see what he says about them but I hear they are good from others on the Forum.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #17

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have read they are pretty good tires, may not go as long as a at but I do not expect that. Could there be any truth to the mpg?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #18
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only 10,000 miles?!?!? This better not be true. I've seen a few F-250s and Silverados around here running these. I hope... really HOPE those are the guys burning through them. I need to get at least 40 out of these things.

Edit: They are a HUGE improvement over my stock tires and if they last I will definitely buy another set.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my Duratracs on for about 5k. I am extremely happy with these tires and will be buying the same when these are spanked. Highly recommend...on trails they have completely transformed my trucks capability.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #20
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I have 10-11k miles on mine and they look great! I've rotated them twice so far and I'm sort of a lead foot at times so they were well worth the money.