Notices

cooper STT to replace OEM rugged trails

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
cooper STT to replace OEM rugged trails

02 TRD, i want to replace OEM 265/70/16 BFG rugged trails for 265/75/16 cooper STT on my truck. its a mud tire, and im concerned about rubbing and weight of tire resulting in loss of MPG. Discounttire has cooper STT for $170. $20 more than comparable AT tire. i think its better investment to buy cooper STT $810 OTD. than spend $80 less and get the AT tire. any imputs?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
bmxutah is on a distinguished road
bmxutah's Tacoma Gallery
tires

cooper for sure! u do any off roading or have to deal with snow?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
cooper ST? thats what i got
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxutah View Post
cooper for sure! u do any off roading or have to deal with snow?
. i live in colorado, snows here every year, and i off road, about once a month..mostly mudding
Old 05-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the STTs on for a while now and really like them. This is the first time I've swayed from BFG Mud or ATs in a long time and I have no regrets.

They do drive like a mudder on the street... smoother than some but still not a street tire. They do great in what little mud I find around here: slick but not deep. They wrap around rocks real good, not too stiff even for an E-rated tire.

I'm not sure about the rubbing on a 1gen but they're fine on mine in a 265/75-16.

They look good too: real aggressive but not overly-fancy 'show' mudder.

The reason I switched to the STT is because people reported getting 50k out of them which is alot for a mudder. I've only gat a few k's on mine but they still look new and don't have any noticeable wear.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced my Rugged Trails on my 2005 DC 4WD OR with the STTs... Had them for almost 40,000 miles (2006-2007).

1) Look great
2) Worked great in mud and rock climbing
3) No flats
4) Terrible highway speed noise, hard to mask with stereo.
5) Terrible in sand, renamed them 'Grave Diggers'. Only at 10 psi or less would they float.

I replaced them with Toyo Open Country AT, those were great for my needs... as were the Cooper Discoverer ATRs after the Toyos wore at 30-35 K miles.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
My understanding is mud terrains suck in snow.

I live in Colorado and would love to get Cooper STT but i'll go with an all terrain for snow.