Notices

What size should I Go? XD Rockstar Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Ramón TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Ramon Hernandez
Ramón TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Smile What size should I Go? XD Rockstar Wheels

I'm going to buy some rockstar wheels and i would like to know if I should go with 18" or 20"? Also what tire size? I'm also going to add a 3" with the bilstein 5100's. Should I buy front and rear shocks or should I buy the Front shocks and aal in the rear? Thanks!!!! Btw I have a 2005 Access cab PreRunner. White!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I say go with 18" wheels with roughly 33" tires. 20" rims will just cost you more and tires will about double in cost just cause they are 20"s. Now for the rear shocks, its not the shocks that will give you the lift, it will be the AAL's. I have 5100's in the rear w/2" AAL's. Oh and welcome to TW!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from mississippi, and i have the rockstars on my truck and i am glad i got the 18's it still leaves enough tire for a smoooth ride and they dont look ghetto big ha ha
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
Dude...go with MORE TIRE than rim. I'd go with 16's or 17's!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGato View Post
Dude...go with MORE TIRE than rim. I'd go with 16's or 17's!!!
He said he wants rockstars, they only come in 18 or 20.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
He said he wants rockstars, they only come in 18 or 20.

Ahhh...ok Wasn't aware. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
18's w/ 33's.

done.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Here are 18's with 32's. Biggest I could fit with my 1.75" lift. If you go up to 3", you could fit the 33's and it would look even better.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
kpt what you running ?
265/65/18's with billy's at 1.75 and tsb rear.

WWfirefighter should post up some pics of his rig. He has 18's with 33's on a 3" lift and it looks awesome.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
yeh i was thinking about 275/65/18
Yeah I had the tires before the lift so I couldn't go 275/65 at that point.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
Thanks a lot!!!! I think I'm going with the 18" rockstars with 33" tires, mud grapplers or terra grapplers, and with bilstein 5100's Front and aal on rear!!! I'm going to start looking for prices so if you guys know some place I could buy the wheels and ships to Puerto Rico and is cheap please post... :s Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #14
So I should go with 2.75" front and aal 2" or 1.5" Rear?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramón TRD View Post
So I should go with 2.75" front and aal 2" or 1.5" Rear?
the bilsteins only go to 2.5" in the front. A 1.5" AAL should level you out nicely.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #16
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks a lot!!!! I think I'm going with the 18" rockstars with 33" tires, mud grapplers or terra grapplers, and with bilstein 5100's Front and aal on rear!!! I'm going to start looking for prices so if you guys know some place I could buy the wheels and ships to Puerto Rico and is cheap please post... :s Thanks
trail grapplers ftw! And yes 18"s is the way to go.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #17
Quote:
the bilsteins only go to 2.5" in the front. A 1.5" AAL should level you out nicely.
Thanks a lot!!! so I don't have to put the 5100's in the rear too right, just the 1.5" aal? Sorry is just that I don't know much!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks a lot!!! so I don't have to put the 5100's in the rear too right, just the 1.5" aal? Sorry is just that I don't know much!!!
You don't have to put the bilsteins in the back to get lift. I installed them just to upgrade my shocks.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #19
Quote:
You don't have to put the bilsteins in the back to get lift. I installed them just to upgrade my shocks.
Ok Thanks!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #20
Tacomagator is on a distinguished road
Tacomagator's Tacoma Gallery
20s!