Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285s on FJ Wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
285s on FJ Wheels?

I am currently running a 3" lift with 285s on stock TRD Offroad wheels with 1.25" Spidertrax spacers. I had to cut a bit of fender to make it work, and I still have a slight bit of rub when flexed.

I just picked up a set of FJ Cruiser Anthracite Wheels off of an SE (WOOT!) and I'm curious if I could get away with removing the spacer with my setup. I plan to stick with my 285 BFGoodrich A/Ts and 3" lift kit. I can't seem to find all the specs on both my TRD wheels and the FJ wheels.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
yes. you can ditch the spacers and get 285/75/16
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
yes. you can ditch the spacers and get 285/75/16
x2...PackerfanXD is running that set up and has no rubbing issues at all...ditch the spacers
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a pic for ya...he's running 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts. He's running Billy 5100s, OME 885 springs and TC UCAs
Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Woot Woot!

That's basically my setup. Nice to see that it'll work! It's tough to tell from that picture, but it seems that it's about as wide as with the spacers. I've gotten quite used to the wider stance, and I was scared I might lose some of that.