LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

damned tire cupping....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy damned tire cupping....

just noticed that my front tires are starting to "cup" just a bit on the outer edges. i know it needs an alignment...although i have had it done 3 times in the past 2 months due to how shitty the roads are around here. getting the alignment done tomorrow.....and while its on the rack...gonna get my buddy at the alignment shop to check my upper ball joints. my truck has a very mild lift.....but no $ for any type uca's right now.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
mine does the same thing bothers the crap out of me, alignment done twice after leveling kit.... no help
Old 05-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians05taco View Post
mine does the same thing bothers the crap out of me, alignment done twice after leveling kit.... no help
yeah man.........a good set of uca's....like some total chaos would definitely help. with as minimal a lift as i have tho....mine really shouldnt be doing it. hopefully,the alignment will square it away.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just got to stay on top of rotations a bit more. Mine tries to do it a little even with the UCAs, but with regular rotations it can be kept under control.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
just noticed that my front tires are starting to "cup" just a bit on the outer edges. i know it needs an alignment...although i have had it done 3 times in the past 2 months due to how shitty the roads are around here. getting the alignment done tomorrow.....and while its on the rack...gonna get my buddy at the alignment shop to check my upper ball joints. my truck has a very mild lift.....but no $ for any type uca's right now.
Come on Will!!!! SC roads bad... never. haha
Old 05-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Mine do it on the inside even after the alignment with a mild lift, Its those good ole' South Carolina roads i think
Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Just got to stay on top of rotations a bit more. Mine tries to do it a little even with the UCAs, but with regular rotations it can be kept under control.
dude....trust me.....i rotate every 4 to 5 k miles......and i reckon im gonna do it now every 2k miles now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Come on Will!!!! SC roads bad... never. haha
......yeah....never.