Notices

Spacer/Adapter....PROBLEM! Please help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
e96eclipse is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
e96eclipse's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer/Adapter....PROBLEM! Please help

I have a 2004 tacoma 2wd. I recently purchased a set of 22" rims to put on my truck,but to be able to put these rims on I had to buy a set of 1 1/2 spacer/adapter to go on it to make these rims fit. So i put everything on lifted the truck two inches front and back and it all looks awsome! but..... now, when im driving down the road everything rides good from take off and on but once i start pressin the brake the Whole front-end of my truck starts shakin reallllly badly. I have checked all the adapters and all the lugs and everything is sitted properly.I cannot figure it out but it rough when pressin the brakes. Any ideas?
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get it aligned?
Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
no i didnt.. would that cause the whole front-end to shake that bad? like the tires are gonna come flyin off... its bad
Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
How did you lift it?
Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e96eclipse View Post
no i didnt.. would that cause the whole front-end to shake that bad? like the tires are gonna come flyin off... its bad
May be but it's a stretch. Any time you change the geometry of the suspension, you need to get an alignment. Post up the specs, wheels, tire size, etc.

X2 on how did you lift it.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Are the 1.5 " spacers spring spacers or are we talking wheel spacers?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
I lifted the rear with 2" blocks and i use coil boosters for the front. tire size is 305/40/22 hancook tires and BIGG WHEEL 22"rims. and we are talking wheel spacers...actually they are 1.5" adapters,you basically bolt on the spacers to your orig studs and these come with new studs on them
Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Try throwing your stock wheels/tires on the front without spacers and see what happens.

Only happens when you hit the brakes..? Brake problem? Did you torque your UCA etc tight?

Front only or front and back?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
it doesnt do it when it has the stock ones on it even if i leave the spacers on with the stock it stll doesnt do it.....could it be the rims? bent? or not balanced? should i try puttin the front one one the back and the rear ones on the front?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Try getting an alignment, you are running a low profile tire it might be the tires amplifying the road bumps. especially if your tires in the front looks like this \ /
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 AM   #11

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
So we have a 2wd Tacoma lifted with coil spacers in the front, blocks in the rear on 22's and wheel spacers. So many levels of wrong...IMO
Old 05-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
So we have a 2wd Tacoma lifted with coil spacers in the front, blocks in the rear on 22's and wheel spacers. So many levels of wrong...IMO
+1, way to many variables. Any of of those mods could cause vibes if not installed/torqued properly (or in the case of the lift, even it it was installed correctly).
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
why so many things wrong? so ur saying the lift could be causing the prob? or the spacers
Attached Thumbnails
Spacer/Adapter....PROBLEM!  Please help-img00208.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
before i lifted the truck i put the spacers and the rims on and the 22s rubbed..so i took the 22s off and left the spacers there, and i drove it that way for a day of so till i got what i needed to lift it and it drove fine with the stock wheels and spacers. now that i have lifted it and put the 22s back on its doing this...so i really dnt think its the spacers
Old 05-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e96eclipse View Post
before i lifted the truck i put the spacers and the rims on and the 22s rubbed..so i took the 22s off and left the spacers there, and i drove it that way for a day of so till i got what i needed to lift it and it drove fine with the stock wheels and spacers. now that i have lifted it and put the 22s back on its doing this...so i really dnt think its the spacers
If I'm understanding you correctly, at one point you had the lift and wheel spacers, without the 22's on there. Then you put the 22s on and got the vibes.

That would mean the rims are bent or the tires are not properly balanced.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I think i just puked in my mouth a little... But hey if you like it more power to ya. You might have warped rotors. You might not have noticed it when you had the stock wheels and tires on but the bigger wheels and tires will exaggerate the shaking. Do you feel it in the brake pedal too?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
puked in your mouth? it would blow anything you got off the road....so swallow that puke!...and yes only started shakin when i put 22s on the guy said they were already balanced but i been thinkin i might need to get them checked. it shakes in the pedal and the steerin wheel and the shifter...
Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you want to say "anything i got" because then you would make yourself a liar. But in anycase is it like a pulse in the break pedal?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If its pulsing when pressing the brakes, Odds are, the lugs were not torqued propperly, on the spacers, or the wheels, and are causing the rotors to be warped. Take the wheels off, and the spacers, and re install to the correct torque. Tighten them in a start pattern.