Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Just put on my FJ Cruiser SE Wheels!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on my FJ Cruiser SE Wheels!

Man, I'm in love with these things!

Nice change from the stockers, IMO. Also, nice to have a set of wheels that don't require spacers with the 285s.

My Setup:
FJ Cruiser SE TRD Wheels
BFGoodrich A/Ts - 285/75/16
3" Front / 1" Back
NO SPACERS!

Eye Candy...

Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
That looks BA man!!!

what size are they? 17"?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
That looks BA man!!!

what size are they? 17"?
Thanks!

Size is 16" x 7.5"

These wheels stick out 1" further than the stock TRD Offroad wheels.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
looks great!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
Black Mamba 2007 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Datrick
Black Mamba 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

man those are super sick off of white!!! good choice!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
we look like twins ........ weird ....... lol .

i keep trying to get rid of my black fj trd wheels but no luck...... maybe oneday someone will get them .
That's great, post some pics!

Not for long though. I have a white grill and mesh kit that I'll be attempting to turn into a Satoshi starting next week. After that, I'm done!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Man, I'm in love with these things!

Nice change from the stockers, IMO. Also, nice to have a set of wheels that don't require spacers with the 285s.

My Setup:
FJ Cruiser SE TRD Wheels
BFGoodrich A/Ts - 285/75/16
3" Front / 1" Back
NO SPACERS!

Eye Candy...

Those wheels are so hot.

Those tires are sick

The whole stance is m-f'in bad*ss
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post

here are some .. getting ready to lift higher again .. adjusting the 5100's and adding in the top spacer

well we are kinda twins yours are the gunmetal and mine are the black ones lol
Nice, I like the black too!

Just need something darker than the silver of the stock rims on the white Tacoma, IMO.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the local dealership to inquire about these wheels and they would not sell them to me because I don't own a limited edition FJ.

I couldn't believe it. I asked them, "isn't money... money?"
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
bitchin' setup man!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Went to the local dealership to inquire about these wheels and they would not sell them to me because I don't own a limited edition FJ.

I couldn't believe it. I asked them, "isn't money... money?"

This is the beauty of the SE wheels. You can only get them on an SE or if you have a SE VIN#. Doubt I'll be seeing many of these around... and I pray that I never damage two of them... I only have one spare!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very nice
Old 05-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick. I really like the gunmetal on a white truck.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I love the stance of your truck! Do you get any rubbing issues with that size tire on there? I just bought my first Tacoma a week ago and already got the mod bug. Great forum too made my decision to buy a Tacoma easy.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
I love the stance of your truck! Do you get any rubbing issues with that size tire on there? I just bought my first Tacoma a week ago and already got the mod bug. Great forum too made my decision to buy a Tacoma easy.
No rubbing with the 285/75/16s and these FJ wheels. It all comes down to backspacing and offset, though, as I DID have some rubbing with the same tires on stock rims w/ 1.25" spacers.

Please note that I'm running a 3" suspension lift up front. 285s will most certainly rub without a lift on your Taco.

Congrats on the purchase!