Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61

Anybody have any experience with these tires? They seem to be getting good reviews, but I would like the opinion of Tacoma owners.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModClar=4wd
Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Link doesn't work.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sorry. That was my wholesale account. I fixed it.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
bump
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
wholesale account..so what is your price b u d d y..
Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
wholesale account..so what is your price b u d d y..
I only get about 10% off when I buy through my dealership, but my employee price is 10% over cost on parts, so it's a wash.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has kumhos on the Camry and they are some great wearing tires, I hear nothing but good things about their hwy tires. Great bang for the buck!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
My wife has kumhos on the Camry and they are some great wearing tires, I hear nothing but good things about their hwy tires. Great bang for the buck!
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna get new tires this fall and this new Kumho might just be perfect for my Tacoma.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
I've put these on a couple customer's trucks and SUVs. Pretty good traction and great wear for the price.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
I've put these on a couple customer's trucks and SUVs. Pretty good traction and great wear for the price.
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
TACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bob
TACO_BOB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
Anybody have any experience with these tires? They seem to be getting good reviews, but I would like the opinion of Tacoma owners.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModClar=4wd
I have them and love them 285/70/16 havent done much off road with the tho
Attached Thumbnails
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61-dsc01090.jpg   Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61-dsc01101.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_BOB View Post
I have them and love them 285/70/16 havent done much off road with the tho
That tire looks great on your truck. I'm seriously considering getting this tire.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
Well, I went ahead and bought the Kumhos. Major improvement over the Dunlops. I can't believe how quiet these things are on the highway and my friend who mounted and balanced them said they were very easy to balance. From 0 to 80 mph, the truck rides smooth as silk. He did use a Roadforce balancer. If these tires are as good in the snow as they are in the dry, I will be very impressed. I bought them from Tire Rack out the door for $477.00, but I will be getting a gift card worth $50.00 in a few weeks also. I'm fortunate not to have to pay shipping charges, because the Nevada warehouse is about 15 miles from where I live.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I went ahead and bought the Kumhos. Major improvement over the Dunlops. I can't believe how quiet these things are on the highway and my friend who mounted and balanced them said they were very easy to balance. From 0 to 80 mph, the truck rides smooth as silk. He did use a Roadforce balancer. If these tires are as good in the snow as they are in the dry, I will be very impressed. I bought them from Tire Rack out the door for $477.00, but I will be getting a gift card worth $50.00 in a few weeks also. I'm fortunate not to have to pay shipping charges, because the Nevada warehouse is about 15 miles from where I live.

How are they wearing? Are you still happy with your purchase? Im thinking about picking up some of these before winter.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Tread looks similar to Toyo Open Country AT...Khumo's are a great tire for the price. Never really heard anything bad about them.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
techmarc is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
techmarc's Tacoma Gallery
same here, as far as traction and wear. most of them came back to exchange them for something else as they apparently dont ride very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_20 View Post
How are they wearing? Are you still happy with your purchase? Im thinking about picking up some of these before winter.
I haven't had them long enough to judge the wear, but I've used them off road, in rain, on the freeway, and around town and I am very happy with them so far. They are very quiet and they balanced perfectly. The only place I haven't had a chance to test them is in the snow, but they are rated as a snow tire and from what I hear, they are supposed to be great. The tread wear rating is 640, so hopefully they will last a long time.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #18
earlbooms is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Shawn
earlbooms's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered these tires also! Can't wait to get them. All the reveiws are great for them, and you can't beat the price!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
Tony H is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st infantry division
Name: Tony
Tony H's Tacoma Gallery
How are they in the snow?

Have you tried them in the snow yet? After this week I'm sure you have. I am on the verge of buying these for my 03 Tacoma-it only has 48K so it still has the original funky tires on it. I live close to reno in CA so i will drive to the Tire rack to get them. Did you get the KL61? I will get the stock 265/70/16. the stock wheels seem not very wide at 7" but I like the way they look so I will keep them.
Quote:
I haven't had them long enough to judge the wear, but I've used them off road, in rain, on the freeway, and around town and I am very happy with them so far. They are very quiet and they balanced perfectly. The only place I haven't had a chance to test them is in the snow, but they are rated as a snow tire and from what I hear, they are supposed to be great. The tread wear rating is 640, so hopefully they will last a long time.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Have you tried them in the snow yet? After this week I'm sure you have. I am on the verge of buying these for my 03 Tacoma-it only has 48K so it still has the original funky tires on it. I live close to reno in CA so i will drive to the Tire rack to get them. Did you get the KL61? I will get the stock 265/70/16. the stock wheels seem not very wide at 7" but I like the way they look so I will keep them.
Northern Nevada did receive some snowfall, but the area I live in only got a dusting. I did notice that the traction on the ice was much improved over the Dunlops that came with the truck. The abs barely kicked on in areas that before the tire change, the abs would go nuts. When we get some real snow down here, or I drive up into the Sierras, I will report back on the snow traction. Based on the reviews of this tire, I'm expecting good results.

Products Discussed in this Thread