Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire slow leak anything i can do?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Tire slow leak anything i can do?

i pulled a screw out of my one tire back around x-mas and plugged it but it just didnt feel like it went in right. I took it to a local tire shop to have it patched and they told me they couldnt patch anything after its been plugged cuz the hole would be too big. they checked the tire everything seemed fine. well the tire picked up a slow leak, at frist it was enough to set off the pressure light every month and half. well between then and now it has slowly gotten worse and it seem like i need to fill the tire up almost every week. my thought was can the old plug be pulled out and the tire repluged. the only other thing that i can think of would be to have my spare tire switch on the bad tires rim but i would really hate to do that since i have about 35,000 miles on my other tires already. any ideas or trick you guys have learned?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
buy new tire -guarantee fix
DFA
Old 05-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Plugs are great and simple. Get a kit at your local auto store and have at it, it'll work, use glue on the plug. Also, check your valve core and make sure it's tight. Use soapy water to find the leak.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Just use your plug kit 'Ream tool' and push the old plug into the tire, clean the hole again, then put in a new plug. Make sure to use plenty of rubber cement when installing the new one.

Some plugs do leak a little, but over the course of several months... not weekly, just redo it.

And "plug hole too large to patch"? Go to a different shop.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Plugs are great and simple. Get a kit at your local auto store and have at it, it'll work, use glue on the plug. Also, check your valve core and make sure it's tight. Use soapy water to find the leak.
Yes , No Bubbles , No Troubles
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes , No Bubbles , No Troubles
x2