Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Powder Coating? Is it safe?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coating? Is it safe?

I got an email from a guy who refused to powder coat my FJ TRD wheels since they are aluminum. He says that the heating process can damage and ultimately weaken the wheels. I appreciate his honesty and have read elsewhere some of the same concerns..but also that there is no risk.

So, anyone want to related any issues with their wheels?

How about just having them painted? I know PC will last longer but if the wheel is damaged, not really worth the effort.

Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
How much for the power coating???
$50.00 a wheel.