Notices

WalMart broke my TPMS

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Dianna is on a distinguished road
Name: Dianna
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
WalMart broke my TPMS

I bought some of the original Revo's a while back and just took the truck to WalMart to have them installed, didn't think they could mess anything up installing tires. They broke the valve on the TPMS on one of the wheels and put a new TPMS on. I told them they had to program it and then they tell me they don't have the scanner. I'm beginning to wonder now if the TPMS they put on is even compatible with my truck. I'm glad I told them I wanted the box (I knew I needed the serial number). What do you suggest I do now? Take it to Toyota and have another TPMS installed and programmed and give WalMart the bill? Can you have one TPMS with a different serial number than the other 4?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I think you can have different serials than the other sensors. Toyota should be able to reset it....and Walmart should pay for it.
x2 make sure they pick up the tab, they broke it they pay for it.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
take to the dealer and have your TPMS initialized.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
I just went out and got the TPMS box out of the truck, Schrader AirAware 28380 and at least I know they put in the correct one. There isn't any kind of serial number on the box though, will Toyota have to take the tire back off the rim?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #6
alteredillusions has a spectacular aura aboutalteredillusions has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SSgt Vehicle Mechanic/Autobody
alteredillusions's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my new tires installed had the same thing happen. Toyota charged $110 to reset. The shop that did finally paid for it after a week of bitching at them.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I hate LOLmart, the auto department that is.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
I hate LOLmart, the auto department that is.
ha! everytime i walk by it people are screaming hahah!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
It depends what you were wearing when you went there.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I hate seeing people taking their cars to wal mart for service. Sorry this happend to you and good luck.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
RYNO is on a distinguished road

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
reason # 1,425 why I hate wal-mart, lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
they all have different numbers.. its no biggy sucks that happened to you ...... toyota will hook up scan tool .. takes literally 3 minutes and type in the new number and it will register .. its real quick .. but toyota loves to make money and will prob charge like 80.00 to do that shit
It's $94.75 for an hour of labor time here in the Northwest. I've called four different Toyota dealers in the last 2 days.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
el_smurfo is on a distinguished road
el_smurfo's Tacoma Gallery
Nearly every tire place I've been has a big disclaimer on the wall that they aren't liable for broken TPMS. Walmart is likely legally able to avoid paying for this...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #14
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
Went back to WalMart this morning and spoke to the manager of automotive and was pleasantly surprised. Apparently there have been many issues with the night crew and last night they left their display tires outside and some were stolen.
I also didn't mention in my post that they scratched my alloy rim, nothing major but these were less than 6 months old and they scratched the clear coat off all the way around.
Anyway manager told me to go to Toyota, buy a rim, get my TPMS programmed and bring them the bill that they would pay for it. Props to Walmart for stepping up.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
The sensors that came in my 09 are Pacific. Are you sure the Walmart supplied Schrader sensor is correct for your wheel? As far as the serial numbers: each sensor has a different serial (ID) number that is programmed individually into the Tire Pressure Warning ecu. A replacement sensor of the correct type should be no problem to program into your truck.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tacomaworld Dianna
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Join the crowd. Someone 'mechanic' ruined two of mine during a tire change once upon a time.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
welcome to tacomaworld Dianna
Thanks Rick Been a stalker way too long!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #19
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
The TPMS is a joke on these trucks anyways..I have had mine removed and disabled the light in the dash on my 09.

AS posted earlier at least WalMart stepped up.

Oh and welcome to TW!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #20
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If, during a crash investigation, it is discovered you have removed a safety device, your insurance company will not pay. You will also be liable in a civil suit.