Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Yokohama Geolander ATS

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Yokohama Geolander ATS

Very happy with these tires. I've always liked Yokohama products. So of course, i took a look at the Geolanders. After much consideration, i went with the ATS over the HTS even tho all my driving is on the pavement. The ATS were rated better for snow and rain.

So far, I've very pleased with them. Being that there are an AT tire, i expected them to be a bit more noisey vs. the Firestone Destination LE's there were on before. Much to my suprise, these things are very easy on the ears on both regular city streets and on the highway doing 80.

I've been very pleased with traction on both dry pavement and in the rain. I look forward to trying them out in the snow.

and finally, as an added benifit, they look cool.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
How are they holding up? Im looking at these or the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_20 View Post
How are they holding up? Im looking at these or the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2.
I can't stand Bridgestone products. They suck as far as customer service goes, their shit doesn't hold up, and they don't last. If the ATS wasn't on national backorder when I ordered my tires, they would be on my truck instead of the BFG's.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with the Geolanders. Had on my last truck up here in the Northwest. Handled great in wet, dry, black ice, light mud and snow. I mulled around getting another set for my Taco but came across a used set of BFG A/T's. These tires, while a slight edge in the off road department don't stand up to the Geolanders IMO when it comes to ride and daily driving in wet, icy, and road noise.
You done good.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good. I'm still amazed at how little road noise they create, even when doing 80. I will, they don't hold a straight line as good as the fireatones that were on their before. Still, overall a great tire ao far. Still looking forward to snow use
Old 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Sampson90 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Sampson90's Tacoma Gallery
Had them on my 05 Taco. They were quiet until somewhere between 20k and 25k miles. Afterwards they got much louder. Decent tire until then. Mine were worn out by 35k, even with rotations.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
winter is here. they do not like cold pavement with left over salt.

i'd say they are just ok in the snow. the back end still trys to kick, but the tires catch it fairly quick. i was hoping for a little more grip.

that said, i've not aired them down any for winter like i normally do. next snow, i'll drop 5lbs of air out and see how they do. i'm guessing it will make a big difference.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
just got these tires with my fj steelie wheels in a 265/70/17, they replaced my 265/75/16 load c duratracs. So far i really like the tires, did some wheeling out in the hills and they seem to hold up nice . first fill up ive gained 2mpg compared to the duratracs and gained some power back.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
i just checked and i can still get 19mpg on the hwy with these, not as good but its a bigger tire than the 245/75 i had....gotta pay to play
Old 10-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
upon further review...

i would not buy these again. i thought they would last longer, but after 32K miles, they are starting to look pretty shitty. i'll either being going back the the firestone destination le's that came with the truck, or try something different.