Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tire sizes with increased offset and stock ht.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
tire sizes with increased offset and stock ht.

I'm searching for tires. My DC 4x4 is stock height and I recently added Dick Cepek DC2 which have a +12mm offset (ie. they hang out a couple centimeters more than stock wheels).
Does anyone have any idea whether this will be an advantage or disadvantage regarding tire clearance.
I have been looking at the accepted max. size 265/75 16 and hopefully this won't be an issue with clearance.
While shopping I came across the Yoko Geolander AT-S in a rare 275/70 which is same diameter and only 0.3" wider than the 265 and weighs in at a svelt 42.67pounds (114s).

Anybody with DC2s have any experiences to relate regarding clearance issues and tire sizing with stock ride ht.??????????
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
the 265/70 and 265/75 will fit on stock wheels so you should be okay, not sure about the 275/70

I have a set of 265/70 right now without any issues