Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

black rims(wheels) vs chrome rims (wheels)

View Poll Results: Black rims vs Chrome rims
Black 78 72.90%
Chrome 29 27.10%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
MattM0 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattM0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MattM0
black rims(wheels) vs chrome rims (wheels)

sorry if this has been asked before but im curious for my truck. Do you guys prefer black or chrome wheels on a silver truck? your input is apreciated.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
How about black and chrome? lol
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
TACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to beholdTACO_BOB is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bob
TACO_BOB's Tacoma Gallery
Black imo
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
See what you like

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lver-taco.html
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #7

MattM0's Tacoma Gallery
lol yea or both. but ive got a feeling its going to be trick to have black rims look right unless i find just the right black rims...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
IMO black looks better but chrome is more unique nowadays
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome looks good but is too high maintenance for my liking. So I would say black... Or maybe some gun metal fj wheels?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
of the 2 i like black better. i would not put black on my truck
though b/c they would always look dirty. i like the factory
alloy color or the gunmetal ones. they are a nice medium
b/w chrome & black.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #11
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
When i was younger my parents drove cars with black rims, but thats only because they couldnt afford hubcaps. I vote for chrome.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
IMO I like black with chrome around the outside. I have a silver truck like you and considered black time and time again. As of now, I think the factory aluminum looks best. For your poll, I voted for chrome.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #13

MattM0's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your feedback guys. Im leaning towards black, but my dad and sister insists it look "funky". i know its my truck and i should do what i want, but i also like other people opinions to make sure its looke right on the truck and i dont mess up and get something that doesnt look right
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #14

MattM0's Tacoma Gallery
oh and are the gunmetal rims just as much maintenance as chrome?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Black and chrome mixed looks best IMO. Not too blingy, not too goth.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
MiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud of

Air Force: Technical Sergeant, Wing Information Assurance Manager
Name: DJ
MiZtAhFoOLiSh's Tacoma Gallery
Black with polished lip wheels stand out better than just plain black IMO.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Black for sure. The only color chrome looks remotely good on is black, but still not very good IMO.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
black but now im gun metal grey