Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Best All Terrain Tires For Road Use Only (just like the look)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
bigef12 has a spectacular aura aboutbigef12 has a spectacular aura aboutbigef12 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
bigef12's Tacoma Gallery
Best All Terrain Tires For Road Use Only (just like the look)

I searched and found everything but the answer... What is the best all terrain tire for looks and will still last for a long time? About time for some new tires.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
nitto dune grapplers. Ive had them for 25,000 miles and they are holding up great. very little road noise, good traction, they look cool as heck, and if you did wanna wheel your truck they are good off road too!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mush
Mush Mouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
firestone destination a/t look good, and rank in the top 3 on
both tire rack and consumer reports in rankings of a/t tires.
X2 Got them 67K miles and still going no shit with minimal rotations,might try Toyo ATs next
Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
DURATRACS!!!!!!!!!!

haha.....I just got mine, very quiet on the highway for an AT. And they look awesome.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
like my yokohama geolander ats
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mush Mouse View Post
X2 Got them 67K miles and still going no shit with minimal rotations,might try Toyo ATs next
man that is great. i am putting these on my truck in a couple of weeks,
they seem like a great all around choice.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I have the revo 2's by bridgestone. 50,000 mile warranty, quiet, great wet traction, ride really nice, and are a good looking tire. Oh did I mention they get great reviews!!

Ps: I drank all the kool aid! So nobody else can have any!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if going for pure cosmetics, the BFG ATs and Dune Grapplers look better...

the other tires mentioned are great performance, but don't look aggressive at first glance...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
Htnswches is on a distinguished road

Name: E
Htnswches's Tacoma Gallery
BFG's are great but Nitto Terra Grapplers can be had cheaper. I had a set, gave me about 45K. Currently running Toyo A/T's look less aggressive,perform great and roughly the same mileage.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem.....I wanted tready looking tires, but functionality won out here. I ended up going with Michelin MS2's. They are not AT's but they are smooth as hell and 70K tread warranty. Can't beat that.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed
Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #15
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
procomp xtreme a/t
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone heard anything on the general grabber at 2's?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
I went to pep boys and got the Definity Dakota M/T....they look very agressive, i like them.

So far ive put 10,xxx miles on them, and just kept them rotated regularly. They are pretty loud though, atleast to me.

But...for cheap and for the looks, its a good choice.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #18
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybayman View Post
DURATRACS!!!!!!!!!!

haha.....I just got mine, very quiet on the highway for an AT. And they look awesome.
I would go with the duratracs, check out these shitty cell phone pics. I passed a few Semi trucks hauling Hummers with Goodyear Duratrac shoes on!! They must be good tires.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1012 View Post
I went to pep boys and got the Definity Dakota M/T....they look very agressive, i like them.

So far ive put 10,xxx miles on them, and just kept them rotated regularly. They are pretty loud though, atleast to me.

But...for cheap and for the looks, its a good choice.
Same for me. I've got about 30K on mine now. Still look pretty good.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
'06 4.0L 4x4 6-sp MT Access
Flugelhornjazz has a spectacular aura aboutFlugelhornjazz has a spectacular aura about
Flugelhornjazz's Tacoma Gallery
Cool new tires for my ride

I got 47K out of the OE 16 inch 265x70. I looked at Continental, Mich, BF, and decided to spend the money on Michelin M+S 111. What a great choice. I immediately noticed lower rolling resistance. The only (-) is that they break loose from a stop during rain if u get on them. I'm considering keeping these for summer and getting a 2nd set of wheels with Nokian winter tires. In the meantime, these Michelins are killer for dry, ice, snow, just not rain.