Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Trd fj bronze wheels on a tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Trd fj bronze wheels on a tacoma

i was just checking to see if anyone has install the FJ 16in trd bronze beadlock wheels on a tacoma. the wheel info on the tacoma is 16x7 offset 30. the fj wheel is 16x7.5 offset 10. my truck is not lifted. i wanted to use my stock tires because i just bought them 3mth ago. anyone know about if they will stick out (how far), and if they will hit anything?

thanks for anyhelp
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
A 7.5" rim with +10mm offset will be around 4.75" backspacing, so they will stick out about 3/4 of an inch over stock.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought those rims in black if it's the ones I'm thinki9ng about. 2010 trd trail teams? I'll let you know once I get tires. Gotta save for the tires.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
yea let me know how they fit also, what are the offset
Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotatoy View Post
what are the offset
x2
Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
I just bought those rims in black if it's the ones I'm thinki9ng about. 2010 trd trail teams? I'll let you know once I get tires. Gotta save for the tires.
Would like to see these on a tacoma.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #7
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
This is from another thread look up tacoma tx pro.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pics of the wheels you are asking about on my tacoma. They will fit your truck with the stock tires Toyota recommends a 265 with this rim can't remember if it is a 70 or 75 series (I believe it is a 75 series) but am not positive. I painted the rings black on mine so they would look a little different. They are a really sharp looking wheel hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
Here are some pics of the wheels you are asking about on my tacoma. They will fit your truck with the stock tires Toyota recommends a 265 with this rim can't remember if it is a 70 or 75 series (I believe it is a 75 series) but am not positive. I painted the rings black on mine so they would look a little different. They are a really sharp looking wheel hope this helps.

Wow that looks great and you have the tire size I'm going for! Do you like them? The tires don't look skinny at all to me!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow that looks great and you have the tire size I'm going for! Do you like them? The tires don't look skinny at all to me!
Thanks, They are a perfect fit for a 3" lift and function even better than they look.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am running 285/75/16s - they look a lot skinnier than they do on my countersteers.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
man those rims look sweet
Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
Ban Pending

I just wish they were wider!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
do you by chance have a part number and a cost of what you paid?
and those pics look great
Old 10-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I just wish they were wider!
Isn't the difference only a half of an inch? 16x7.5 vs. 16x8? I think the backspacing is what's off. Your konigs probably stuck out further. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally feel that they look perfect. Any rubbing with 285's? How much lift?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
Ban Pending

Quote:
Isn't the difference only a half of an inch? 16x7.5 vs. 16x8? I think the backspacing is what's off. Your konigs probably stuck out further. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally feel that they look perfect. Any rubbing with 285's? How much lift?
No rubbing here but it's a long story... I have bent the pinch weld and pushed the wheel well back and cut the cab mount. Backspacing on both are 4.5.

2.5-3 inch lift. Need new springs in the back.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

Nice truck - You wouldn't mind if we take it away and redistribute it to someone who doesn't have one. Would you?

I know this is an old thread, but I had to respond.

They will probably have to take care of the 2nd amendment "problem" before any of that property redistribution stuff gets done

By the way, that's a great avatar. Satan...and his wife!