Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New rims and tires TPMS light is blinking???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
BreezyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New rims and tires TPMS light is blinking???

I put 20" rims and tires on my pickup about a month ago or so, and had no problems with the light, Firestone told me when I had them mounted and aligned, that the rims didn't have the sensors on them I said that fine no worries, the light never came on, but today on the freeway it started blinking???? Any ideas?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Memichal132Baron is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Memichal132Baron's Tacoma Gallery
Your light is going off because there are no sensors in the valve stems like they told you. It just took a while for the light to go off. The same thing happened to me. I lifted my truck and put 35"s on and it took like a hundred miles for the light to start blinking and then stay on after that. I thought it was wierd that it took a while for the light to go of but the dealer I work with said it was normal. You can either get aftermarket sensors to fit our stems or live with the light. Or take out the IPC and remove the bulb, which I am thinking about doing.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyTaco View Post
I put 20" rims and tires on my pickup about a month ago or so, and had no problems with the light, Firestone told me when I had them mounted and aligned, that the rims didn't have the sensors on them I said that fine no worries, the light never came on, but today on the freeway it started blinking???? Any ideas?
did they at least give you the sensors back? Or did they steal them from you.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Or get a strap kit and fit your stock sensors into the rims, or fit them all into your spare, or take the stock sensors and turn them 180 degrees and try to fit them that way.

There are TONS of options.
x2 on the strap kit, that's what I have.

http://www.tpmssource.com/steelstrap.aspx
Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Technical chat and search " Disabled tpms light on my 2008" and you can see that you can cut and put power to 1 wire and kill the light. I did this instead of black tape on the panel or having to take the cluster panel out and take the led out.
Attached Thumbnails
New rims and tires TPMS light is blinking???-008.jpg   New rims and tires TPMS light is blinking???-010.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
it took a lot of miles before mine came back on. i actually check the manual and just did the reset button again and for some reason it has not come back on yet but time will tell.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
did they at least give you the sensors back? Or did they steal them from you.
Yeah I still have my Toyota shitty originals!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
Navy:
Ok so now the light has stopped, and I haven't seen it for a few days.