Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

INSTALLED-265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
INSTALLED-265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Just got Nitto Terra Grapplers in 265/75/16 installed on my Taco!!
I got them for $547.95(including shipping) from Onlinetires.com and it only cost me $26.00 to get all 4 of them installed. I will post pics very shortly (20-30 minutes)

EDIT: PICTURES ARE POSTED BELOW (A COUPLE OF POSTS DOWN)
Old 05-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery

You should know better than to put words before pictures.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's the Pics!!

Pics aren't all that great...but here they are:

Up-to-date pics:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
those tires look great man!! bet they ride good too. where are your tire weights??? did they mount them on the inside??
Old 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
those tires look great man!! bet they ride good too. where are your tire weights??? did they mount them on the inside??
Yeah, they put stick-on weights on them. I didn't wan't the traditional(regular) weights on them.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Yeah, they put stick-on weights on them. I didn't wan't the traditional(regular) weights on them.
good deal.....i dont blame you at all. regular weights will tear a rim up from what i've seen.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
'Bout time! Those look a lot better than the stockers, and you got a hell of a deal.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
good deal.....i dont blame you at all. regular weights will tear a rim up from what i've seen.
Yup, my old truck's rims were are torn up b/c of the weights...but it had the stock steel rims so it didn't really matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
'Bout time! Those look a lot better than the stockers, and you got a hell of a deal.
Yup, they look a lot better. and no more screeching when takin turns over 20mph.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Tires man!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #12

Thanks for the comments, these tires are great the truck looks/feels a little bit higher too. The tires do have a slight "hum" at highway speeds, but it doesn't bother me much.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
fltaco000 is on a distinguished road
fltaco000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the comments, these tires are great the truck looks/feels a little bit higher too. The tires do have a slight "hum" at highway speeds, but it doesn't bother me much.
you dont have a lift on that right. thats the same thing i want to do to my truck do you recomend it
Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltaco000 View Post
you dont have a lift on that right. thats the same thing i want to do to my truck do you recomend it
No lift in these pictures..
265/75/16 is the biggest you can go with no lift.
I would definitely recommend it!!
They are much better than the stock tires and it looks a lot better.
I got mine from www.onlinetires.com... You might want to check them out too..
Either way, be sure to post pictures of your new tires...
Old 11-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #15
fltaco000 is on a distinguished road
fltaco000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No lift in these pictures..
265/75/16 is the biggest you can go with no lift.
I would definitely recommend it!!
They are much better than the stock tires and it looks a lot better.
I got mine from www.onlinetires.com... You might want to check them out too..
Either way, be sure to post pictures of your new tires...
when your driving can you tell that its higher then it was before or not really
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #16

Quote:
it's felt slightly higher.. Not by much, but you can definitely feel it...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 265/75 R16 will only add about 1/2" over the 265/70 R16. tcBob put a tire size calculator on the site (Mods Tutorials pull down at the top). It'll show you the differences (e.g. diameter, sidewall height) plus speedo adjustments:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php
Old 12-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #18
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup, my old truck's rims were are torn up b/c of the weights...but it had the stock steel rims so it didn't really matter
From factory, the damn weights are on the outside. I thought I was the only one that was picky about this. I told the dealership to put them on the inside, and they looked at me like I had two heads.

Where do you get your mount and balance done?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
From factory, the damn weights are on the outside. I thought I was the only one that was picky about this. I told the dealership to put them on the inside, and they looked at me like I had two heads.

Where do you get your mount and balance done?
I actually had them mounted and balanced at Wal-Mart...
It's only $5 per tire for mounting.... I forgot how much the balancing was...

I needed them mounted,balanced, and installed a.s.a.p. and Wal-Mart is just across the street so...I just let them do it.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #20
bvalistic will become famous soon enough

bvalistic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got Nitto Terra Grapplers in 265/75/16 installed on my Taco!!
I got them for $547.95(including shipping) from Onlinetires.com and it only cost me $26.00 to get all 4 of them installed. I will post pics very shortly (20-30 minutes)

EDIT: PICTURES ARE POSTED BELOW (A COUPLE OF POSTS DOWN)
where's the lift you got from me?? it's time to install it