Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need some help on BFG all terrain specs??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Need some help on BFG all terrain specs?? Any issues with TPMS?

These are the ones I was interested in getting (Not from them) but was worried about the N/A part when it deals with speed rating?????

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...++n%252Fa.html

I am wanting to run these on my 09 taco with no lift. Do you all know of any issues that may arise from these tires? Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Link doesn't work but the speed rating will be fine. What size are you looking at?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Site doesnt work but I will always buy BFG a/t's because they are a amazing tire, I have had them going 100 mph" not reccomended" and they were smooth. My last set lasted 70k miles and that is crazy considering the amount of beef these at's have. Out of a score of 100 for mud/snow/highway/city/sand and everything else you can throw at them I would give them a solid 90.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure why the link isn't working now. I am looking at the 265/75/16.

Let me try it again.....

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...++n%252Fa.html

I clicked on it twice and it worked and now it does not. I am not sure what the deal is.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
works, yes those tires should work great w/o a lift and you shouldnt have any problems with them, to be honest if you buy them you will not kick yourself down the road.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
works, yes those tires should work great w/o a lift and you shouldnt have any problems with them, to be honest if you buy them you will not kick yourself down the road.
x2, great tires. My mom's suburban is at around 60k on a set and they still have some tread left.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #7

Thanks you all! I am heading to a place in town to see if they will price match for me. I really don't "need" the tires right now but bfg is having a 60 dollar rebate too so it is a deal that I cannot pass up. The tires can just sit in the garage until it is time! (Hopefully I can get the rims by then too!)
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
They are awesome....i have them on my taco.....what to see a picture?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #9

Yes!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
ok! im just going to upload them
Old 06-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #11

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #12

Thanks man! I love those tires!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
On BFG's site they list 2 AT's in 265/75/16. One has an S speed rating, and the other a Q. Both are listed as E-load range. The only other difference I can see is the 1/16th of tread depth and white outlined letters.

I am going to be purchasing some soon and was wondering if there is any reason not to buy the s-rated. Price seems to be the same on tirerack and discounttire.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #14

Which one has the extra 1/16th tread depth? The one with the white letters????
Old 06-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #15
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
Which one has the extra 1/16th tread depth? The one with the white letters????
Sorry, should have been 1/32nd...

The S-rated has 16/32nds and raised white letters, I'm not sure if they are black wall on the other side.

The Q-rated has 15/32nds and black side walls.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...n-t-a-ko-tires

edit: I just remembered something from when I bought these same tires for my Dakota (pre-taco). I thought I remembered one had an additional ply in it (10 vs 11???), but I thought the extra ply was an e-load tire and the other was a d-load.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #16

Is the extra ply a good thing to have?

I just ordered a set with the rwl cause I like the fact I have an extra 1/32nd tread.

Discount tire has a $60 rebate on bfg tires! Plus they price matched onlinetires.com....
Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #17

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Sorry, should have been 1/32nd...

The S-rated has 16/32nds and raised white letters, I'm not sure if they are black wall on the other side.

The Q-rated has 15/32nds and black side walls.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...n-t-a-ko-tires

edit: I just remembered something from when I bought these same tires for my Dakota (pre-taco). I thought I remembered one had an additional ply in it (10 vs 11???), but I thought the extra ply was an e-load tire and the other was a d-load.

mines has white on one side and black on the other
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #18

Okay, so now I have a question:

I ordered these bfg at's in a 265/75/16 and was curious if I am going to have some issues with the tpms? Will I be able to use the ones that I have on there already? Will I run in to some problems now?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #19
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

BFG A/t all the way. The only tire I use. Love em'
Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

Should I be concerned with any issues regarding the TPMS?