Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone Running 15" Wheels on there 2nd Gen??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery

If so can I see some pics, with bigger tires? Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post

P235/75R 15 Goodyear Wrangler A/T
WAS P215/70R 15
Not ALOT of difference but noticeable
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Running 15" Wheels on there 2nd Gen??-p1030575.jpg   Anyone Running 15" Wheels on there 2nd Gen??-p1030576.jpg   Anyone Running 15" Wheels on there 2nd Gen??-p1030566.jpg   Anyone Running 15" Wheels on there 2nd Gen??-p1030577.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I heard you can only run 16"s at the lowest on the 2nd gen. 6 luggers.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005Tacoma View Post
P235/75R 15 Goodyear Wrangler A/T
WAS P215/70R 15
Not ALOT of difference but noticeable
Thanks man! But I am wondering more on like a Double cab or Extra cab 4X4, I should have put that, with big tires. But again thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Really? That doesn't make much sense.... its the same bult pattern as 1st gens that rocked 15's.... right?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah i heard it too. Something about rubbing on the brakes.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Yeah thats what I was told too. Has to do something with the brake calipers or something.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! But I am wondering more on like a Double cab or Extra cab 4X4, I should have put that, with big tires. But again thanks
Just going by the question that was asked.

Dang Prerunners and 4x4s gettin all the love. LOL JK
Does it bum you prerunner guys and gals out that you ONLY have a 2WD?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #9

Quote:
That would make sense... maybe the calipers are too big?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #10
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would make sense... maybe the calipers are too big?
Yeah i think, you might be able to get smaller calipers or try and grind yours down or something lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
i have 16s and i had to get a 4.5 inch back space to clear the calipers.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Yeah i think, you might be able to get smaller calipers or try and grind yours down or something lol.
ha F that! I'll stick with me 17's! Guess I'll just get them powder coated.... having a hard time figuring out where/how my truck will sit with my wheels off though, I know some guys have extra sets... but I'm not so lucky
Old 06-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
you can run 15s on the rear tho! just not the fronts on 6 luggers
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

watch your tongue.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #15
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
You'll only see 15's on a 5 lug (4 banger). The 6 lugs (V6), the smallest you can go is 16's because of the large brake caliper. Some guys around here even have to shave down their caliper to clear their 16" rims.

There is no way you can run a 15" rim or a 6 lug, unless you completely remove the brake caliper.
hey hey not all 4 bangers are 5 luggers lol and there are v6 5 luggers too
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #16
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
You guys just kill me! Doesn't anyone know how to search?? LOL! J/K!

Here you go! You need wheel spacers to clear the calipers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTUCKEDtaco View Post

6 inch Fabtech plus 2 inch coil spacers

15x14 Alcoa rims with35x16's and 2 inch wheel spacers to clear the calipers
Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Consider those calipers cleared haha. I'm sure that truck throws up all over itself after driving through even the smallest of puddles haha.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 AM   #18
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Heck no!! I get razzed by a couple dingdongs at work, but its alright... I couldnt justify the extra 4000k for something i only use a couple of times a year.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #19
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

5 LUG REPRESENT! haha
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #20
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
Which package has a 5 lug v6?
xrunner