1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Damnit. Got sent the wrong wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Paul's TRD, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jun 8, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD [OP] I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    So, I ordered some 18" 951 Moto Metals last week. I'm all excited cuz they were showing up today. got them in, opened the boxes, admired, then i look at the box and it says 18mm offset. I made sure that i ordered them with a -12mm offset and i did per my order, it does say -12mm offset, so I'm good. Now i have to call the company up, probably have to drop them off at some ups or fedex wait till they get them back and inspect and make sure no damage, then they will send mine. That's how i assume it will go and probably take about another 3 weeks.

2. Jun 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
    man thats a bummer

3. Jun 8, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    now watch, you are going to call them and they will say "sorry we don't have those wheels...." jk

good luck and post pics when you get those mounted

4. Jun 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    Paul's TRD

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I ordered from a place called www.rimzoneonline.com. Got in touch with the guy and to my suprise was pleasantly easy to work with. he said what probably happened is that they just took my model, make, year truck specs and sent the wheels that would work fine with them. I explained to him that i was putting on bigger tires with a lift and understood. Then he said he was sending a ups driver to pickup boxes with rims and send me some out right away with the -12mm offset I had originally requested. will post later let you guys know how it went. I got some out of town events the next two weekends, so i won't be able to mount them for another 3 weeks, but I'll post up some pics up in all it's glory once it's done.

5. Jun 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    Paul's TRD

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    Okay so finally got the correct wheels back and had the tires mounted to the wheels, but not yet mounted to the truck. waiting till this saturday to install the lift and then put the tires on to get the full effect. but in the meantime, here is a teaser. Enjoy

275/65/18 Goodyear Kevlar MT/R, they are 32" tall by 10.82" wide. Will post up more pics once mounted on truck with lift.

IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg

6. Jun 25, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Nice! Sounds like they did a good job of correcting their mistake! Mistakes happen & that can be overlooked, but good customer service always wins the day!

Products Discussed in

To Top