Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Please don't flame the new meat!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
kwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the rough
kwelklin's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't flame the new meat!

I did a little searching here and could not figure out my question. What is the largest tire that will fit on the stock TRD black rim? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelklin View Post
I did a little searching here and could not figure out my question. What is the largest tire that will fit on the stock TRD black rim? Thanks in advance.
i believe you are talking about the baja rim, which is a 16 inch rim, and without a lift.........265/75/16 is as big as you can go without problems.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i believe you are talking about the baja rim, which is a 16 inch rim, and without a lift.........265/75/16 is as big as you can go without problems.
Aye.

With lift the biggest you can go is a 285 and this will require some trimming and the use of wheel spacers.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What is the largest tire that will fit on the stock TRD black rim?
I think there is a 54" on the market that will fit that rim......WOnt fit the truck though.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I put 265/75/16 on my truck and it looks a lot better. I started a thread w/ pictures, check it out. Its also in the wheel/tire section.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think there is a 54" on the market that will fit that rim......WOnt fit the truck though.
well, i dont know. maybe redneck up a sweet 25 inch lift.......then just maybe.....................................!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well, i dont know. maybe redneck up a sweet 25 inch lift.......then just maybe.....................................!!
ROTFLMAO!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!
couldnt ya see that thing rolling down the highway??? it'd be a bitch for underpasses and and going under redlights!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #9

Quote:
couldnt ya see that thing rolling down the highway??? it'd be a bitch for underpasses and and going under redlights!!!!!
I saw one of those tires at an Off road shop near my home a few weeks ago. I couldnt pick it up!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #10

Quote:
I saw one of those tires at an Off road shop near my home a few weeks ago. I couldnt pick it up!
yeah man......i guarantee that they are friggin huge?!!! probably cost an arm and leg too.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
here it is: 54/17
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
here it is: 54/17
holy shit man!!! probably takes he-man and an act of God to get that thing mounted!!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
kwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the rough
kwelklin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks you guys for the info. I guess I should have been more specific about the state of my suspension ( stock ). Although back in the day I had a friend with a 4-runner that had 1500 miles on it and he lifted it enough for 48's. More money than brains. One more question would the 285's fit if I did the 2.25 leveling lift?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks you guys for the info. I guess I should have been more specific about the state of my suspension ( stock ). Although back in the day I had a friend with a 4-runner that had 1500 miles on it and he lifted it enough for 48's. More money than brains. One more question would the 285's fit if I did the 2.25 leveling lift?
Im pretty sure you would have to go 2.5" or higher, and get different rims, spacers, or UCA's.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
My taco is first gen and a 2.5 lift was not enough for 285x75x17 wheels.
Got this upgrade , couldn't trow away the tires after all...
added a 1.5 inch spacer behind wheel also

there we go...

Old 06-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #16

How is the tracking with the Camburg UCA's?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #17

Quote:
How is the tracking with the Camburg UCA's?
tracking? don't forget i'm french... lolll
I find it's an all different truck with these, I love them
will have to lower diff and change a cv boot tho..
Old 06-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKill View Post
tracking? don't forget i'm french... lolll
I find it's an all different truck with these, I love them
will have to lower diff and change a cv boot tho..
Sorry. What are your alignment #'s. The Camburg UCA's dont correct for caster and I was just wondering what your numbers were after you got the alignment.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Sorry. What are your alignment #'s. The Camburg UCA's dont correct for caster and I was just wondering what your numbers were after you got the alignment.
Oh, ok, I havn't checked. I had the alignment done at a suspenssion shop. I know he told me that there were not that off. I think they are dead on "0" but this could vary a lot from one truck to another