Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to tell if wheels are chrome or polished?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
In2Ndo is on a distinguished road
In2Ndo's Tacoma Gallery
Question How to tell if wheels are chrome or polished?

Hi,

I got my new used '96 Toy a couple of months ago.. and it has what appears to be aftermarket wheels... and excuse the ignorance but I don't know how to tell the difference between chrome or polished aluminum wheels.
The info. is needed so I know how to take care of them.

Thank you

Old 06-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
clean them with mild soap and your favorite wheel cleaning gear. then hold a mirror up to them. if the reflections are nearly identical, you have chrome. if it's a bit dim or blurry you have polished