Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone Disabled their TPMS Light?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Disabled their TPMS Light?

I'm not going to spend the cash to identify and resynch my TPMS sensors (Dealership wants $200). I lived for years without TPMS, so I don't really need the little idiot light.

How do I deactivate the damn thing?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Nevermind, I did a search and saw this is a real Pain in the Ass!

Does anyone have a quick link to removing the instrument cluster. I'm going to tape over the inside of the gauge face.

Cheers!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
theres a thread somewhere here that just has you cut one wire to kill the light. Atleast thats what i was told when i had the stupid light issue.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
theres a thread somewhere here that just has you cut one wire to kill the light. Atleast thats what i was told when i had the stupid light issue.
I think that mod only ended up working on the 06's and 07's.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen people put the sensors in a piece of pipe with a schrader valve on one end sealed it and put 35Lbs of air in it and stowed it somewhere on the vehicle, Don't forget the one in the spare as well.

Seems better than messing with tearing out the dash and taping over the light.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2008 and posted a thread on here on disabling the light , you cut one wire....and just add a fuse-link and hook it to any Hot wire..
Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
Zombie Killer

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I have seen people put the sensors in a piece of pipe with a schrader valve on one end sealed it and put 35Lbs of air in it and stowed it somewhere on the vehicle, Don't forget the one in the spare as well.

Seems better than messing with tearing out the dash and taping over the light.
I don't want to pay to have them removed from the tires. $120...ouch. I'd just pay to get the things working again if I was going to spend that much.

thanks though.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
I don't want to pay to have them removed from the tires. $120...ouch. I'd just pay to get the things working again if I was going to spend that much.

thanks though.
you must already be out of warranty then?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #10
Zombie Killer

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama trd View Post
I have a 2008 and posted a thread on here on disabling the light , you cut one wire....and just add a fuse-link and hook it to any Hot wire..

Here it is:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...my-2008-a.html

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
Sua Sponte! RLTW
75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st airborne
Name: charles
75thrangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
umm when i had my new tires and wheels installed (10 ply). the tire store put 70 pounds in all four.my light flashed and reset after a few miles . i checked the air pressure and lowered it to 35 pounds. correct me if im wrong but i think it measures the percent of variance between the four tires. i believe 3 to 5 percent is with in the paramiter.but an old trick i did on my chevy was to throw them all in the spare.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Unplugging that box behind the control panel is a pain , not much room to get your hands in there , but once you get it unplugged , you'll have a little slck to cut the wire...then just run a hoy wire to it , but make sure to put in a fuse link...good luck
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #13
Zombie Killer

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
you must already be out of warranty then?
I purchased a set of after market rims which had the TPMS from an 07 put in them. Since they are not an original part of my 09, no warranty.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
I purchased a set of after market rims which had the TPMS from an 07 put in them. Since they are not an original part of my 09, no warranty.
Oh gotchya! Too bad you don't have a contact at the dealer that could recalibrate those for you.