Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Maximum tire size w/ 5100's??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
GEENYUSS is on a distinguished road
GEENYUSS's Tacoma Gallery
Maximum tire size w/ 5100's??

im sure this has been asked many times i appologize. im new to the forum and need some help on tire size. i just bought a 2010 double cab trd 4x4. i bought a set of 5100's and have the fronts at 1.75 and the tsb in the rear seems to sit pretty good. im getting the "thug" rims in either a 16/17". can i fit a 285 tire w/ little trimming? or is a 265 the max? also any recommendations on brand of tire to get. thanks this forum is awesome
Old 06-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You'll ideally want to set the billys at 2.5" in order to fit the 285's. With the 1.75" setting you'll rub. I'm sure someone will pop into this thread and say they got them to fit, but you'd really be cramming them in there and have to trim a lot. You'll have to trim even at 2.5" to fit the 33's.

Before you buy the rims, make sure they have 4.5" backspacing or less as well.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
285s will probably rub even at 2.5.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
with a little trimming they ought to fit. Hell, I cut quite a bit but im running 35x12.50's on 3" of lift.