LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How do you get tire stores to match prices online?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
How do you get tire stores to match prices online?

I have been asking Discount Tire and other stores around to match onlinetires.com and none of them nudge. How do you guys do it? Better yet, how do you guys approach them?

They always tell me to go buy it with Online Tires because they can't even bring the price down that low.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Some places If it's not a competitor they won't even look at you twice. Just buy where its the cheapest and easiest for you.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Discount/America's Tire will price match ANY... plus they can order ANY tires you want... they are the largest tires seller in the country...
Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
Discount/America's Tire will price match ANY... plus they can order ANY tires you want... they are the largest tires seller in the country...
Did you get them to match something?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
I brought a printed quote from discounttires.com into my local 4wheel parts shop
tires:
4- BFG km2s 285/75/16 load range E
quote from discounttires.com:
$865 shipped (5-7days)
$214 per tire
no warranty
quote from 4wheel parts:
$903 including tax (next day)
$225.75 per tire
road hazard warranty
So basically spent $11.75 more. but I got the warranty and had them them next day(Instant Gratification). Not to mention putting a little money into the local economy.
I think I got the better deal from 4wheel parts.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
yes they matched my old nittos and my current rims I got about $22 off each tire... and $15 off each wheel
Old 06-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Both times I've tried to get discount tire to match tire rack prices (+shipping), they told me to just buy them from tire rack and bring them in to discount to get mounted. They said they couldn't even get close.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I got discounttires.com to match onlinetires.com.

Call the place in AZ and do it that way. They even say on line they will not be under sold!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Same way I did. Call Summit Racing. Tell them you want a tire price match. Give them the website. They beat the price by $1 per tire.

I wanted all my parts from Summit since they have excellent customer service and return policies. And shipping is CHEAP!!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
My local, privately owned tire store beat any online price I could find on my Toyo AT's. Didn't even have to ask, that was their normal price. Shocked the hell out of me!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i went to colony tire hoping theyd match a 1100 dollar quote i got from an online store, the guy looked at the wrong number and said 800 was as low as he could go so i just nodded my head and said okay
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That was my experience with the guy at my local Discount Tire store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
I did it face to face. I think its easier for them to say no over the phone compared to when you've taken the trouble to come in to talk with them.

I just told the guy the price I could get online for the tire I wanted. He asked me which online site, I told him tirerack, he immediately said he would match it.

His system also tells him that I have purchased tires from him before, so there is some credibility from that.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
When you go in face to face do they charge you all shipping if the company you "could" get them from charges shipping? Make sense? If not then I am an idiot and should have went in face to face and save $143.00!!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest I could find my wheels local was $205 a wheel. Found them online for $120 a wheel and $124 for shipping. Guy I dealt with at my local discount tire store matched the online wheel price plus shipping...which was fine by me. He ordered the wheels and I had them in about 2 weeks.

Guy at the local 4wheelparts misquoted me on tires, 285/70/17 Goodyear wrangler duratrac, @ $130 so I told my guy at discount tire and he said he doubts 4wheelparts could sell it at that price because its a little over $50 below his cost for that tire....BUT he is authorized by corporate to price match any price and whammo...he matched it!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
I think it also matters if they have them in stock or not. Like my Toyo MTs are very popular and they would not match prices. The Toyos were also in national back order some time this year. If I switch to Hankook I will make sure they match online pricing.

Edit: I just checked online tires and I paid less per tire at Discount than the current price.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They wouldn't price match my duratracs that I found at 4wheelparts. They said they'd be losing money if they dropped it that low. They will price match, but within reason.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Nitto Neo Gens from Discount Tire for about $700, then I found them at Onlinetires.com for about $500, and I brought the ad in, and Discount Tire refunded me the $200 difference.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #19
boxing83190 is on a distinguished road
boxing83190's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the discount tire website and click on the link to show them u found them at a lower price then they will contact you through the phone or email here is a pic where the link is
How do you get tire stores to match prices online?-disctire.jpg
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
All I did...I told the guy at discount tire the tires I wanted. He said they'd have to special order them. I told him tire rack had them for $xxx each. He said, "No problem, we will price match. The installation charge will be a little bit more than usual since we are special ordering them though..." He didn't even look it up. He just took my word for it. Even with the higher installation price, the tires were still a lot cheaper than what Discount Tire's website was advertising them for.