Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Breaker Bar for Aftermarket Lugs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Breaker Bar for Aftermarket Lugs

Having trouble finding the right tool to remove my lug nuts. I have Moto Metal 951's and the lugs are pretty recessed. Bought a stout breaker bar and socket that seems to fit (1/2" size 13/16) but wont budge. It just seems to rool once I get a decent amount of pressure on it. Would an extension work to get it out far enough to be perpendicular?

What does everyone else use? The factory tire iron is too thick to fit in the hole for the lugs?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a torqu wrench/breaker bar from herbor freight and use that. My moto wheels use like a 19mm socket and I had to get a shallow socket to get to them. I use the breaker bar first to get em loose then the impact to speed things up.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I use a lug wrench like this one but with a thin wall deep socket. The handle extends out to give more leverage. I hand torque the lug nuts and I usually don't have a problem getting them off.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would use a 1/2"x4" (or so) extension. That will bring the bar out far enough to clear the tire so you can give it a good perpendicular tug. Who put those on so tight? Our lugs are only supposed to be torqued at like 83 ft-lbs. You should nearly be able to get that with a regular 1/2" socket wrench.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the ideas guys! I got an extension and worked on a couple but the dealership tightened the crap out of these. Prob need the 19mm.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
Definitely get the right size socket. Autozone sells individual sockets so you don't have to blow too much money on a whole set.

yup, thats where i got mine from. it was still like 7 bucks though...