Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

7089 owners... TPMS?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
motoxmann is on a distinguished road
motoxmann's Tacoma Gallery
Question 7089 owners... TPMS?

I just ordered a set of Pro Comp 7089s and am wondering if the tpms from the stock sport rims will fit them. Not sure if I'm gonna use them or not but curious if they'll work.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
I used mine, they work fine.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
they work on my 7189's
Old 06-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Thanks guys. How much did you guys pay to get them mounted switched and mounted? I'm still trying to find the best place get them put on
Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
The TPMS off my Off-Road fit them fine.

Couldn't tell you how much it cost. I made the dealer swap the wheels and tires off my 04 when I bought this truck. It was part of the contract when I signed.

Turned out my 7089s didn't fit because of the calipers so they had a company that they contract work out to (Rim 1) make them clear the calipers. He did the TPMS swap as well and road force balanced the tires. He put on new lugs too.

He (the owner who did the work) did tell me he was going to submit a $700 invoice to the dealership though.

Heres his site... http://www.rim1.com/

This should probably be moved tot he wheels and tires section.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I think mine cost about $70 to do everything
Old 06-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same wheels and it works, bought it from 4wheelparts and they swap it with no charge. Just make sure to tell them to take it easy taking them off cuz I heard they break easy.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
Mgrande: that's not bad. Did you take it to a local shop, or something like a wheel works? I still need to call around and get pricing.

Devildoc: I'm surprised they did it for free. I called the one here before I ordered the wheels and they said it'd be $180 to mount, balance and swap the sensors.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
Mgrande: that's not bad. Did you take it to a local shop, or something like a wheel works? I still need to call around and get pricing.

Devildoc: I'm surprised they did it for free. I called the one here before I ordered the wheels and they said it'd be $180 to mount, balance and swap the sensors.
yeah, it was a local wheel shop. Even did my spare too.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post

Just need to wheel and deal with these salesman. If your buying a set of tires and rims they should give you some break.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I might get a for asking this question, but I really like these rims but from searching the forum I am not sure which ones to order I read all kind of stuff about these rims like they hit the brakes, can't find the right shank lug nuts, etc. All I know is that I want these in a 17in rim and want to run 265/65 tire can some one help me out. There's a rep in it for ya.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Truck View Post
I might get a for asking this question, but I really like these rims but from searching the forum I am not sure which ones to order I read all kind of stuff about these rims like they hit the brakes, can't find the right shank lug nuts, etc. All I know is that I want these in a 17in rim and want to run 265/65 tire can some one help me out. There's a rep in it for ya.
I could be wrong but I think these will work for you here.
Xtreme Alloys Series 7089 Black Finish
  • 17x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace = 4.5 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Flat Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 0mm
Part number PXA7089-7883

I would call Pro Comp toll free at Toll-Free: (866)232-0665
Call them to verify but I think they will work. I hope this helps and let us know!

Also, talk to this guy as it looks like he has the rims you want.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-my-build.html
Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
Quote:
There's a ton of people that run these on this site, so they shouldn't be a problem. At least I hope. I guess I'll see when they come in this week.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #14
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need shanked lugs, but not with an extra long shank.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
The juice was worth the squeeze!
Blktaco16 will become famous soon enoughBlktaco16 will become famous soon enough

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Heath
Blktaco16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
  • Backspace = 4.5 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Flat Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 0mm
Part number PXA7089-7883

Call them to verify but I think they will work. I hope this helps and let us know!

I have these wheels on my 07 DC 4x4 and no issues what so ever..
Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #16
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • Backspace = 4.5 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Flat Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 0mm
Part number PXA7089-7883

thats what I have... plus the TPMS work just fine... I have a 305/65/17 tire too
Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i have them too, tpms works fine and no issues clearing the caliper...and mine are the 16x8s
Old 06-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
thats what I have... plus the TPMS work just fine... I have a 305/65/17 tire too

Solus, you make me wish I had bought red!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #19
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Solus, you make me wish I had bought red!
thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
Quote:
You will be okay with these rims. I have a 17 inch, 0 mm offset, LUG centric, with a gorilla ET style shank model # 21138ET http://www.brandsport.com/grla-21138et.html check it out. Make sure that you do not get the extra long one (21138ETXL) because it will not hold the rims tight and that is why some people had trouble with these rims.