Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dick Cepek Radial F-C II or Mickey Thompson ATZ Radial

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Sniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: 3/1 Lima Co Wpns Plt 93-97  Somalia Vet.
Sniper#830's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Cepek Radial F-C II or Mickey Thompson ATZ Radial

I am currently running Mickey Thompson MTZ's in a 265x70R-17. I love the performance but the road noise gets old. Anyone running the Dick Cepek Radial F-C II or the Mickey Thompson ATZ radials. How do you like them and how is the performance?

Thanks for your time......
Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Sniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: 3/1 Lima Co Wpns Plt 93-97  Somalia Vet.
Sniper#830's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Updated ?

I guess I should have clarified what I was looking for..... How is the road noise on either of these tires. I did some research and found the ATZ's are still loud. Looking for feedback on the Dick Cepek Radials.

Help!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard good of both tires, but both are still a little noisy it seems. I'd look into the duratracs if you want agressive but good street manners.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the ATZs until the road noise was reported as loud... Not sure about the Radial ATZs. I have not heard anyting on the Dick Cepeks, but would like to hear more. I am also looking at the Pirelli Scorpion as a possible tire. Most my 4 wheeling is in the desert and the beach, and aggressive mud terrains are no good in the sand (I had the Cooper STTs on my '05), plus are very loud on the highway. The Rugged Trails actually work good for my driving but may not make it past 30,000 miles.... They haven't on my past two Tacos.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I love my ATZ's, I guess I'm just deaf.